The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Ok people. It’s Christmas. Two threads are mucked up clear misunderstandings and cases of taking things personally.

Can’t we all just get along?

2 Likes

Oh I know I use them and everyone in my community has had the same dealers for like 10 years.

These types of people usually don’t though

1 Like

Yeah, and despite even most organic shit being fake and many doctors saying vaccines are safe, this is something they could test for and know for sure about but naaaahhh. Anything any wook offers them is going down their throat.

Lol you know about wooks?

Let’s party

1 Like

I go to dead, phish and Billy Strings concerts. Of course I do.

4 Likes

I did mean to ask if you were going to be around Tahoe during the Billy shows that got cancelled last summer/fall for the record. I think you are a bit away from Tahoe though iirc. I’d go to a beach party if in the area anytime though. 3 degrees here today.

That’s pretty damn good! Think that with less showers and more begging for deals on shit.

ETA: Or just showing up expecting “things to work out” with no money at all. Fucking wooks!

So is trump in jail yet?

A prison of his own mind.

At least he is sweating.

Even worse, he has to live with the shame of knowing Chuck Schumer does not fully approve of his actions. I am pretty sure this keeps him up at night.

2 Likes

While it’s true that no or few Dem candidates were ever vocal about being anti-vax, that does not mean there had not been a significant portion of antivax sentiment among the left. The right has more Karens who are going to be vocal about their anti-science views, imo, but there has long been significant groups of left-leaning people who won’t get vaccinated, and don’t believe in western medicine and are anti-gmo.

I agree with all that, but “significant portion” is a totally subjective measure. What is NOT subjective is that conservatives have been waging a decades long war on science to advance their agenda at the expense of the general welfare of the planet. These are not the same thing - conservative attacks on science have been and continue to be orders of magnitude worse than on the left. There are some pretty classic contemporary political mistakes going on here, some of it is “both sidsing” an issue where the right is orders of magintude worse, part of it is the “purity test” self inflicted wound on the left where they seems to spend more time hunting for signs of inadequacies in Democrats.

2 Likes

This is true. Look at the vaccine mandate laws in ruby red states from as recently as 3 years ago and you can see that the anti-vax movement did not have traction in the Republican Party until very recently.

1 Like

And the anti HPV vax stance the Republicans had in 2012 is kind of in its own box. It’s more of a “women who have premarital sex should be punished, whether by babies or by death” situation, rather than a general anti-vax position.

Virtually all of the 2016 Republican candidates were anti-vaxx, it’s not what I would call very recent.

2016 is relatively recent though. Historically it was never a republican position even in recent history. I guess republicans just started courting all fringe movements.

I agree completely with this.

1 Like

This is a great point and I agree. There is an overlap here where we correctly identify the scope of issues between the left and the right (i.e. avoid both sidesing) and at the same time bring strong criticism of the notional left (i.e. the establishment Dems) when they deserve it. In fact, I think that this overlap is more or less the gravitational center of this whole forum - in aggregate, we are pretty good at recognizing the existential threat of the Republican/American ISIS Party and we are relatively quick to criticize the establishment Dems.

i literally said that scientific consensus is that some GMO will be required to adapt to climate change, and you literally just posited that crop rotation is as effective as genetically modifying the modern techniques. did you just ignore the pretty salient point that scientists expect to use gmo for all sorts of agri problems?

yes, modern agriculture methods were necessary. population more than doubled since 1965. calories per capita per day also increased for every continent, for some countries it more than doubled. we know a lot more about feeding the world today, and noone credibly claims it could have been done with old technology. yes, over time we caught up with pollution effects, and still working on it.