The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Honestly, an indictment would be more than what I expected from this.

The funniest part is the names of all the rap songs, I think they scrolled through the list on last week tonight once, it was likeā€¦

Lewinsky dat A$$
Skeetinā€™ on ya Blue Dress
THOT (Monicaā€™s Song)
420 Puffin Her Muffin

I think the GA prosecutor is a heavy favorite to indict. Which will get really really nasty and racist really fast.

Garland I think itā€™s less than 50/50 but certainly possible. A silly point but it has to be in a DC court, he has absolutely no chance with a Florida jury.

Youā€™re the racist for bringing race up in the first place.

5 Likes

Also note the subtle tones of ā€œDC juryā€.

:smirk:

Itā€™s a Democrat run hellhole if you ask me.

1 Like

Lawtwitter getting excited. Sealed filings in the Maralago space.

tenor

1 Like

so letā€™s say he does get indicted, then what

the obvious play with a sane, rational person would be to make a deal with them that they just go the fuck away and shut the fuck up and never run for office and the charges are never filed, right? I mean I assume thatā€™s basically the deal Ford struck with Nixon?

Obviously Trump would never agree to that and even if he did he would never honor the agreement, so you need a bigger stick, but thereā€™s no way Garland actually wants to try this case, right? So whatā€™s the move?

Iā€™ve long thought the move is to charge it all. Literally every crime. A 100+ count indictment.

5 Likes

:vince:

7 Likes

Itā€™s really easy for the media to buy these bullshit ā€œdefensesā€ like ā€œwell yeah he had the NOC list and the statute says having the NOC list is a crime, period, but like come on is it really that bad we know heā€™s sloppy and careless.ā€

Itā€™s really hard to dismiss it all at once. Heā€™s done all the crime, why pick just one and effectively excuse the rest?

obviously in anything even pretending to be a just world he would have the book thrown at him. the fact that there have been multiple cases where WE THE PUBLIC know that foreign spies have been snooping around mar a lago alone should have made the DOJ raid the place as soon as they even had a whiff of anything being there.

But we donā€™t live in that world, we live in this hellplanet.

How does this guy expect to get paid?

He quit a partnership at Foley & Lardner to take the job, which seemsā€¦like a bad move.

2 Likes

Iā€™d go with a 99 count indictment with something like 73 being treason. I am sure Trump has committed hundreds of felonies since he became president and thousands in his lifetime.

I think the evidence against Trump really needs a ā€œgrab em by the ā€¦ā€ moment. Itā€™s just a feeling I guess, but I think they might have that.

Rudy had a couple of BigLaw jobs in the 00s, and he exited them pretty fast. This guyā€™s days were likely numbered.

If you having legal problems I feel bad for you son. I committed 99 crimes but didnā€™t get indicted for one.

6 Likes
3 Likes