The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Nah, this means something. He wanted a special master to filter the documents before the FBI got to see them. That could have been a possible delay tactic. The problem is, the FBI already reviewed everything so appointing a special master now doesn’t do jack shit and certainly doesn’t slow anything down.

Edit: I mean, in the end, nothing matters at all of course, but this was a fail by Trump’s team.

Yes.

no, he wanted to make a bunch of noise and heat and muddy the waters and get his base riled up and generate a bunch of outrage on OANN/newsmax

2 Likes

He definitely also wanted to stall and slow things down.

2 Likes

This judge loves him and will appoint a special master even if it makes no sense, then the appeals will be heard by Republicans all the way up who will drag it out and then maaaaaaaybe overrule her after waiting around forever. Unless you were being ironic with this post in which case well played.

It doesn’t matter if a special master is appointed or not. They’ve already reviewed the documents. The whole thing is moot.

moot like the 2020 election

1 Like

But it’s a good thing he isn’t trying to overturn the election.

I have been assured that he is not trying to overturn the election.

4 Likes

That EPA case was moot and the Supreme Court said the EPA can’t regulate pollution anyway

Moot like WV v EPA was moot?

2 Likes

I don’t mean it’s moot like a court shouldn’t rule on it. I mean it’s moot like, who the fuck cares? Literally the point of a special master is to prevent or stall the DOJ from reviewing the evidence. They’ve already done that..

Yes. Trump’s lawyers will have a chance to challenge the evidence in pre-trial hearings and such (assuming there’s an indictment} correct?

Lol media always

https://twitter.com/mitchellepner/status/1564393546110713856?s=21&t=9MKG8ZfciV-lUD3YcjZcUw

2 Likes

I mean, I don’t think there’s going to be an indictment so it’s all moot, but yes.

The only thing giving me a sliver of hope is that even these weak tight assholes have to see that letting this slide is a definitive statement that he is in fact above the law. My money is on a belated indictment and a case that is still winding it’s way through the courts as Trump runs in 2024 (effectively making the case irrelevant).

Or making 2024 a referendum on charging Trump.

https://twitter.com/noahshachtman/status/1564410388065697792?s=21&t=9MKG8ZfciV-lUD3YcjZcUw

3 Likes

The preferred euphemism is “rummaging”.

4 Likes