The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Just got back. Has this Garland thing happened yet?

EDIT: Looks like not.

Per NYT:

Some senior Republicans have been warned by allies of Mr. Trump not to continue to be aggressive in criticizing the Justice Department and the F.B.I. over the matter because it is possible that more damaging information related to the search will become public.

My guess is part of it will be reminding people that it’s a crime to threaten FBI agents or elected officials and promise to prosecute anyone that does, except for Trump and fam.

He’s coming to the podium now. Pretty sure the media just got the 2 minute warning.

DOJ has filed a motion to unseal the warrant.

1 Like

Doesn’t make any sense. Keep saying it’s fake if they say they found anything they’re lying and planted whatever they said they found. Unbeatable strategy. When Republicans win Trump will be instapardoned. Back to business as usual

Garland personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant.

1 Like

Rooting for the search warrant to mention the Espionage Act as grounds for the search.

1 Like

So…yawn?

1 Like

It’s probably dinner napkins with the presidential seal. Terrycloth robes from air force 1. Cork coasters. That kinda stuff

3 Likes

can’t watch, cliffs?

No clue if this is a big deal or not - could just be related to unsealing stuff?

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1557800711223742467

DOJ filed a motion to unseal parts of the warrant, FBI is professional, the attacks on them are unfounded, etc, etc. Nothing massive. Sounds likely that it’ll be unsealed next week.

You didn’t miss anything. Boilerplate nothingness.

1 Like

I read the 4 page brief. The request is made “absent the objection of the former President.” Trump will object and it will remain sealed.

Then he will say the warrant is all lies, the FBI planted evidence, and it’s a political witch hunt.

The way the motion is framed it doesn’t even seem like they want the judge to independently assess whether it should be unsealed if Trump objects.

2 Likes

“I will not stand by silently when their integrity is unfairly attacked. The men and women of the FBI and the Justice Department are dedicated, patriotic public servants. Every day, they protect the American people from violent crime, terrorism and other threats to their safety while safe guarding our civil rights. They do so at great personal sacrifice and risk to themselves. I am honored to work alongside them,” Garland said.

Substantive thing is that he DOJ is calling Trump and his merry band of idiot bluff and offering to disclose everything after Trump used the DOJ’s practice of silence to protect defendants against them.

Of course, Trump will now oppose the motion to unseal, blast the “leakers” if it is unsealed and the entire GOP will follow in lockstep.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1557808025850757120?s=20&t=tw9TuFeoYk3xL_k4Ee_BwQ

1 Like

Yeah, this is a press conference for a bluff call, and now Trump will pull back his string bet while complaining, not to mix metaphors.

1 Like