The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Want to give one last giant fuck you to Betsy Devos. What an evil piece of shit.

18 Likes

https://twitter.com/LeeCamp/status/1351951374024646659

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1351890941087522820?s=20

11 Likes

It increasingly looks like the Senate will not convict. The crazies now comprise a majority of the GOP delegation and are threatening to ditch Mitch if he votes to convict.

Which means Trump will absolutely run again in 2024. I’m way more afraid of him winning than most. He absolutely must be prosecuted.

6 Likes

Today was a good day.

5 Likes

This risk has to be leveraged against the filibuster. It’s an absolute necessity now but nothing demonstrates it more clearly than the failure to convict.

Good luck. On record wd have several dems against it, im sure more in hiding are too.

We need to do what we can with 50 and somehow win big in 2022. If we can increase our lead in the house and get like 54 senators i can absolutely see us nuking the filibuster. Never gonna happen with 50.

Honestly just crushing with the vaccines and a big stimulus should be enough to get us there in 2022.

They need to go way bigger with stimulus tho. 1400 wont cut it

1 Like

Just bribe Manchin with whatever the fuck he wants and ship everyone $10,000. We would never lose again.

6 Likes

I probably am not quite getting your point. I agree filibuster has to go, but 2/3 of Senate to convict is actually defined in Article 2, section 6. It’s not a senate rule of order.

His point is that the failure to convict will be evidence of the need to nuke the filibuster, and that Democrats should lay the ground work early that failure to convict an actual traitor leaves them no choice. I just don’t think they’ll ever have the votes in a 50/50 chamber.

2 Likes

That’s going to be a tall order.

PA and WI are reasonable targets, perhaps even likely. NC is going to have an open seat, so there’s one more.

After that, it gets iffy real fast.

Plus, gotta defend GA, CO, NH, NV, AZ.

And the 2024 senate map is an absolute horror show.

There are just too many R+double digit shithole states. We really need to fight fire with fire and add some more states.

1 Like

I appreciate the clarification. That makes sense.

the threat isn’t “We’ll nuke the filibuster to get the conviction,” it’s “we’ll nuke the filibuster if YOU don’t get the conviction.” make the GOP pick between letting trump off the hook or maintaining their ability to block everything else.

3 Likes

I mean, a dude in warpaint carrying a spear was sitting in Pence’s seat. If the military had rolled up in tanks and just started lighting up the crowd, I’d have been like “well yeah, duh, don’t participate in an insurrection and storm the capitol.”

2 Likes

I was making lots of words but this is it in a nutshell

1 Like

Your point is solid. Failure to convict for sedition is probably the strongest “moral argument” Dems have had in a minute.

1 Like

Maybe now the IRS will allow him to release his tax returns

6 Likes

3 Likes

Or just get them from the NYT.

1 Like