The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

The court can award Infowars to the plaintiffs, who would presumably shut it down like Gawker.

Jones has to be a multi-millionaire by now.

I’d be zero percent surprised at a 100MM+ net worth on Jones. The guy is really a very gifted grifter.

He was very, very fringe until the Obama years and has spent money on lawyers for lawsuits and divorce and custody. He had quite a bit of money before he got banned by Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Apple. I doubt he has done very well since that.

Yeah, dude gained popularity shortly after 9/11, the Internet was barely a thing back then. He was like the OG you tube influencer, and he’s been at it for 20 years.

1 Like

Wait, what? His YouTube views never were great and he’s been banned from there for 3 years.

He came on the scene after 9/11, I’m fairly sure. Like, he was the first 9/11 conspiracy grifter.

Infowars had a pretty large following, I believe.

Oh he has been grifting since the 90s, but it wasn’t raking in cash in the 2000s until Obama became President and the tea party went towards those kind of opinions. His YouTube views were like that of a local band you will see charging $10 for a small show.

He was also demonetized on YouTube before being banned.

NYT said he was raking in a few million a year in the early 2010s but also spending 50k a year on roles, buying an 80k piano etc.

Infowars was huge, though. According to this random celebrity net worth gossip page Jones is worth $5 million, yet:

Jones is the publisher and director of the InfoWars website, which receives around 10 million monthly visits. The website has been described as a fake news website and has been accused of spreading harmful conspiracy theories. At its peak, the site reportedly generated more than $20 million per year in revenue.

Lol, jesus.

I’d go with the under on infowars making 20 million In a year (NYT had Jones making almost 5 mill at his peak).

Net worth sites are worse than throwing a dart at a board. Last time I looked up a salary for a player they had Jordan Huitema (a 20 year old Canadian female soccer pro) at over 10 million.

I dunno, this is from NPR:

In 2014, his businesses brought in $20 million, according to court testimony cited by The New York Times . The Times also viewed some of his financial documents and reported that most of that money came from supplements that year. The German magazine Der Spiegel profiled Jones in 2017 and reported that about two-thirds of his income came from product sales, including supplements. A filmmaker who worked with Jones in 2019 told the Southern Poverty Law Center that Jones bragged about making $60 million in a year, though that figure is unverified.

“He is making, at a minimum, tens of millions of dollars,” said the SPLC’s Michael Edison Hayden, who has looked into Jones’ finances. “As far as I can tell, the dietary supplements are the absolute bread and butter, the foundation of his entire business at this point.”

Bottom line, we are all fucking idiots for not doing the same shit.

2 Likes

I think I prefer the lung brush to his lung cleanse spray.

Lol I was gonna say, you guys are forgetting about his stupid “supplements” and whatever other related garbage.

He’s not even really a conspiracy theorist or a publisher, he’s a vitamin salesman and everything else is just in service to that.

2 Likes

Knowledge fight guys said Jones was in dire dire straits financially from 2018 until early last year when Mike Lindell bailled him out by advertising on infowars

i had the same thought, but then i can’t think of any normal person selling supplements. only some of them are even willing to put their name on that. tim ferris started with that and got crazier, maybe a bunch of athletes. montel williams was a pro-marijuana guy, i guess he’s sort of normal. it’s probably a net positive you didn’t get caught up in that in your 20s.

1 Like

But this is legit right? I hear she’ll like the difference too.

8 Likes

wtf

I don’t know about “normal”, but in the old country, didn’t rsigley post about selling supplements himself. I never know how literally to take his posting, so maybe I’m way off.