The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Still don’t got him.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1410235464401883141?s=21

can anyone explain to me what it means for a corporation to be charged with tax related crimes, is it normally they just pay some lol fine and cheat in new ways afterwards?

1 Like

True, but it’s still misleading to say the poor ones are supporting him for economic reasons. It’s the culture war for all of them. The rich ones can just afford to take time off or fly around or w/e to go to rallies or insurrections

2 Likes

When Arthur Andersen got charged that was the end of Arthur Andersen, but who fucking knows in the case of Trump’s dogshit company. It doesn’t actually do anything except own money laundering factories in Ireland and Scotland and collect fees from country clubs. Also cash checks from the Vornado assets he tripped over his dick to own a piece of.

Technically it will probably be an event of default for some loans, but the lenders almost certainly won’t do anything.

1 Like

right, in the case of AA they imploded because all of their customers took their business elsewhere overnight. Trump doesn’t really have customers other than suckers doing licensing deals with him to brand their steaks/bottled water/etc

Even those went away, he’s that toxic. All he has now are golf courses and a few office buildings.

The next several decades in the west will be the Era of the K. The pandemic was out major K shaped event with divergent outcomes. Trumps brand is another interesting example - it has become completely toxic for a piece of the population, and is worshipped as a literal Idol by the other half.

There are people at the condo resort I’m staying at in Panama City Beach flying Trump flags off their balconies. I actually haven’t seen them, but my son said he spotted one or two. You know you’re a dumb fuckwit when a 12 year old who wants to play a prize game in the arcade, even though he knows it’s rigged, wants to know what the fuck is wrong with you.

5 Likes

From what I read its employee benefits and fringe benefits not declared.

Tuition fees of Weisselberg’s grandkids and free apartments for some employees to live in.

What happens is normally just a settlement, taxes get paid and life moves on.

What Trump did regarding “inflating” “deflating” property values saves the company a hell of a lot more in taxes but nothing from what I read suggests they will go after his organization for that since its near impossible to prosecute that.

My prediction is that nothing will happen even with an indictment. Just a slap on the wrist fine and that’s it.

I saw a black flag that said united we stand divided we fall. What’s that? It was on a pick up truck but that doesn’t sound like trumper shit. That one of those mythical we need bi partisanship people?

It’s a Revolutionary War slogan, believe it is mostly a pre Trump conservative thing.

The property tax thing was always a nothing burger. It’s not like taxing authorities ask property owners what their assets are worth then say “ok” and call it a day. There are assessors whose whole job is to value properties, the owner can appeal but there is no “filing” where understating value means anything.

If they actually wanted to get Trump it would be trivially easy. His $70k haircut deduction and fraudulent “consulting” payments to his kids are slam dunk cases, especially with a Manhattan jury. This is all useless theater.

They won’t go after Trump for those things because, shhhhh, they do it too.

2 Likes

This is very true. Its nice to pretend that your prosecutors are noble heroes going after the bad guys, just like the movies!, but your median tax crime prosecutor has a profile like: is married to a tax partner at KPMG that helps rich people hide assets off shore, has a best friend from law school that lobbies Congress for loose tax laws, and plays golf with a doctor from the club that uses all the tricks, er, I mean “tax planning strategies” that the industry cooks up. These folks are upset at Trump for being rude and crude and airing the dirty laundry of the upper class, they certainly aren’t interested in setting a precedent that tax avoidance means you go to jail.

9 Likes

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I’m assuming that anybody living/working in Manhattan in white collar jobs falls close into that type of person you described. If the DA was a line cook with a law degree we would maybe have a better shot at getting some of these people prosecuted, but with the DA’s being at least tangentially related to the folks also using tax avoidance methods, we have no chance of anybody ever being prosecuted for this stuff.

The fact that so much of this is leaking shows me its probably a bluff and full court heave hoping someone just flips.

When they had the goods on Manafort, Stone, Cohen it never leaked this much. It was silent and then all of a sudden they were arrested.

That is more to do with those guys getting got by the Feds.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1410222137865031683?s=19

1 Like

… and, Maga Habs? Anything to add?

1 Like

4 Likes