The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

The Maroons escaped actual slavery. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

Ain’t no one on either side giving up their cushy lives to fight a war.

1 Like

I know a lot of us joke about it but I recently went for it and bought property and am starting the process to build on a small island in the San Juan’s in Washington state. I chose that area because its a lower temperature and if it gets real bad I could just go out fishing and end up in Canada. Trump some what motivated me but a lot of it has to do with what I think is coming with global warming. It’s 105 where I’m at today and tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be 115 and I’m in portland OR.

13 Likes

I pretty much agree with this. I do think there will be violence that will escalate at events or protests. We saw some of this last year. However I will say the attack on the capitol still has me shook.

That was at most 1,000 people.

we need the delta variant going around to all those unvaccinated rally goers to save us again eh

1 Like

And was an uncoordinated cosplay show of “strength”.

2 Likes

We all called it. I remember a few threads about whether to care or worry and many posts about how they will never cause an actual threat and then we live streamed the storming of the capitol.

1 Like

Most of them can’t spell Q, so no worries.

2 Likes

To be in borat movie?

1 Like

They probably the five against rapist protectionism as an overt profession.

Pretty sure Q believers view the symbol Q the same way nutters that think the pyramids are a symbol of aliens invading Earth.

I mean, these clowns made the OK sign into a Nazi symbol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rickklein/status/1409101420071198723

Donald Trump is a man consumed with grievance against people he believes have betrayed him, but few betrayals have enraged him more than what his attorney general did to him. To Trump, the unkindest cut of all was when William Barr stepped forward and declared that there had been no widespread fraud in the 2020 election, just as the president was trying to overturn Joe Biden’s victory by claiming that the election had been stolen.

In a series of interviews with me this spring, Barr spoke, for the first time, about the events surrounding his break with Trump. I have also spoken with other senior officials in the Trump White House and Justice Department, who provided additional details about Barr’s actions and the former president’s explosive response. Barr and those close to him have a reason to tell his version of this story. He has been widely seen as a Trump lackey who politicized the Justice Department. But when the big moment came after the election, he defied the president who expected him to do his bidding.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1409117985764171776

2 Likes

Who had the Atlantic for the Bill Barr rehabilitation kickoff?

Maybe he and Emily Oster can be on the same podcast or something.

8 Likes

I mean the Atlantic has a direct connection to MSNBC so it ain’t no surprise :rofl:

But Trump has continued to push the claims that the 2020 results were rigged, and some of the biggest applause at the event came when he called out Mike Lindell, the MyPillow CEO who contends that Trump will soon be reinstated. Trump did not say if he would run in 2024, but said, “We won the election twice, and it is possible we might have to win it a third time.”

They employ David Frum, so I think everyone paying attention thought they were pretty capable of right wing rehabilitstion

1 Like

Yeah, for them all-white is the default. Them noticing would be like them noticing the sky is blue or something.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1409164872626032641?s=21

4 Likes

It’s just a free music festival for boomers, they wouldn’t go if it was $20 and won’t stay around for the new songs, they just want to hear the one hit and they’re out.

2 Likes