The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

I was an old soul! lol. The way I mean though is even the Obama presidency was obscure compared to Trumpism. Trumpism was families disowning each other, people talking about it 24/7, constant massive fights on social media.

You couldn’t go a day without hearing about it or seeing it, even if you weren’t into politics.

Bush might have been a bigger fascist, but Trump made half the country extremely excited for and demanding naked fascism. This shit ain’t going away.

1 Like

Thats… just what Mar al Lago looks like.

4 Likes

like an olive garden with worse lighting

2 Likes

Exactly, ITS CALLED LUXURY PEOPLE LOOK IT UP!

1 Like

Lol, ‘W’ did not start perpetual war.

1 Like

I love when the never Trumpers talk about literally anything other than their personal dislike of Trump to remind the world what unmitigated pieces of shit they are.

4 Likes

Especially because the actual reasons they hated Trump (questioning the utility of NATO post cold war, opening dialog to North Korea, wanting to pull out of Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq) were easily some of the best things about Trump’s rhetoric. That he was too incompetent to actually accomplish any of it was lucky for them, but Biden isn’t incompetent. Or at least not as incompetent.

1 Like

He didn’t question NATO for any legitimate reasons. He did it because it was exactly what Putin wanted. To him, NATO countries were like tenants behind in their rent payments.

There is no underlying philosophy to his opinions. I have no idea why people are crediting Trump with having any principles.

11 Likes

He did it for reasons that are completely immoral but gets closer to the right result than previous policy. Namely his reasoning was that the US shouldn’t lift a finger for anyone nor give two shits about other countries unless it directly benefits the US in a tangible way, or him personally.

1 Like

If you beg the question like that, then everything Trump does is because of Putin, blah blah blah. I think that’s nonsense but there’s no point in relitigating all that.

But NATO’s expansion to include former Soviet bloc countries is a neocon wet dream and I don’t see the point of doing it. Just because Putin is opposed to something doesn’t make it a good idea.

To stop further Russian aggression and expansion.

1 Like

Old-school Republicans don’t hate Trump because of his policies. They hate him because he ripped off the mask and showed the world what the party really is, which has cost them support in certain blocs. Other than tax cuts and judges they really dgaf about policy and certainly not about international relationships.

8 Likes

Sure but do we really want to go to war to protect Latvia? I sure as hell don’t. Stopping Soviet tanks rolling into Germany is one thing, drawing in tiny countries that have been in Russia’s sphere of influence for centuries is quite another. Let alone including countries like Georgia or Ukraine. I think NATO expansion is strategically unwise and unnecessarily aggressive towards Russia. It’d be like not only recognizing Taiwan but including them in our Pacific defense alliances with South Korea and Japan.

2 Likes

Do you think there is a point where Russia will just stop swallowing territory?

that’s really not the point of nato expansion. former soviet bloc countries are legitimately concerned russia will try to take territory from them, or annex them altogether.

Maybe not. Do you think we should form a military alliance with Georgia and Ukraine to prevent that?

If so, should we do the same thing with Taiwan?

Yeah it’s this. Just seeing them throw out these super weak defenses to everything, and it’s because Trump exposed them.

They’re have no talking points against these super popular bills so they just ramble on about cancel culture now.

The family values shit is gone, the christian morality stuff is gone, the deficit stuff is gone. They legit have nothing now besides racism and nationalism.

This lost them some voting blocks, but they also gained some too. They picked up the conspiracy block, which was actually pretty huge apparently.

2 Likes

latvia has been a good ally to the US and the EU. they got their independence constitutionally, in the face of violent suppression of dissent. but here’s keeed who would rather not anger a kgb agent who has been itching to confront the US.

strategic value of nato is lower risk of war in the european theater. it helps the US that half of europe is not constantly afraid of seeing tanks mobilized at their borders.

you can turn on the news and watch it happen live.

2 Likes

It’s clear what Latvia gains from inclusion in a US-led military alliance. I’m not certain what the US gains.

a good ally.