5 Likes

1 Like

Reminds me of some old goodies

I didn’t drink for 10 years

What Happened

Then I turned 11.

And. Fusion is just 10 years away.

2 Likes

Send all your Cokes to Mar-a-Lago. They’ll dispose of them for you.

Hot fusion has never been closer than 50 years away imo.

1 Like

Loved how the media fell for cold fusion.

Now you’re making me sad.

2021 is the year of Linux on the desktop.

5 Likes

My General Physics professor went to the conference where they roasted Pons and Fleischmann. He came back and told us he basically felt bad for them they were getting so brutally excoriated.

Gave me an early appreciation for the scientific community. Scientists love nothing more than to tear each other down. The idea that they’d all be in on some conspiracy is ludicrous.

2 Likes

I was at a conference where a guy was talking about effectively consuming a gas substrate by saying it had the same mass transfer co-efficient kLa as oxygen.

There was a stampede of bald guys with elbow patches on their jackets jockeying for the microphone to ask

“But what about (C-C*)?”

Yeah, I’m aware. I’m the local cold fusion rep.

That wiki article has been a clusterfuck of hostility forever. Check out the talk page.

This will work as my response and I’ll (mostly) confine myself to that thread on this topic:

thanks, now I’m terrified about the talk I’m giving next week.

To be fair, the guys understanding of gas mass transfer was lacking. I’m sure you know your stuff.

oh snap

1 Like

Everything is virtual this year. Normally I do my presentation and party the rest of the time. Went to Vegas and Croatia paid for by work doing that. Was supposed to be Denver and Atlanta this year I think? Next year is NOLA and I want that one.

Those other ones were simple presentations about 5 minutes long. Talk is more significant this year, will probably have an audience.

Trump didn’t dub it the Winter White House.

Now it’s officially a retreat for a presidential flop.

10 Likes

Fleischmann and Pons was always a weird situation. I don’t think they were scamming deliberately but also they should have known better. Probably just fell in love with their own ideas and overlooked obvious problems.

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1379471494531649540

16 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1379444775292649473

People saying kellyanne deserves same.