The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1365729100510486532?s=19

4 Likes

Idiocracy truly was a documentary from the future.

10 Likes

2 Likes

In case anybody else saw this and thought “no way”:

1 Like

The best is yet to come!

This sounds like the worst Hallmark Channel movie ever.

10 Likes

Wait…she was married to Gavin Newsom? I try to stay on top of things, but had totally missed that one. Weeeeeee!!! Politics makes strange bedfellows.

1 Like

5 Likes

man for fifteen years i’ve been borderline begging my progressive CA friends & fam to resist loading up their hopes on Gavin Newsom: yes he’s had moments where he stands before tough crowds and comes off as a guy trying to thoughtfully supervise tricky spots, and yes he has put himself out on political limbs for some great causes. But my problem isn’t his policies, it’s my permanent suspicion that deep down with Gavin there is no deep down; imo he’s a vaguely repulsive muggle Gilderoy Lockheart who at heart is a mattress salesman who doesn’t even care about mattresses and just wants to sell gavins.

Granted: that I have such a visceral bad reaction to him maybe says more about me. And I’ll look into that! And I also think we care way too much about people’s personal lives. But sorry his 2007 scandal was legit gross and imo goes to character, and the fact that he was freaking married to Guilfoyle…I mean beats me who that says more about but I’m comfy thinking privately that at heart they are both pathetic Littlefingers. And while there are worse flaws than hyperambition and powerlust, those are easier for me to embrace in say basketball players than political leaders.

people really want this guy to be president lmao

20 Likes

https://twitter.com/realguldukat/status/1365794370889392136?s=21

10 Likes

I called it back on Feb 16, responding to a sequence of posts discussing Gavin’s chances of remaining governor of California:

6 Likes

Carnac

2 Likes

@BestOf

6 Likes

Where’s the CPAC shit going?

I think GOP insanity containment would be most appropriate, but I’ve seen it all over the place.

The Golden Trump statue is one of those situations where conservatives are actually a lot more savvy about their messaging than the left. It’s supposed to be an obviously ridiculous troll. The people on twitter trying to “own” Republicans by invoking the Ten Commandments and pointing out the hypocrisy are missing the basic message. The hypocrisy is the point. They are openly operating in bad faith and celebrating their bad faith You’re kind of swinging at air if you’re trying to call them out on their hypocrisy.

6 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID-19: Chapter 7 - The south will rise, again.

It’s kind of scary that, in retrospect, it was not remotely idiotic enough

3 Likes

This is also surprisingly accurate

1 Like