The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Yeah, more or less.

This touches on a rant that I have had in the can for a while. It’s not fully developed, so I won’t try to give it a real premiere here, but the cliffs go something like:

“Secession” as most people think of it these days, i.e., the “blue” states and the “red” states splitting into different countries, is a complete non-starter because the real division in this country is between rural and urban, not “blue” and “red.”

There are some holes and weaknesses with this but I think it’s the main reason (other than the constitutional barriers) why secession is impossible.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen this posted in any of the threads I’ve read this morning, sorry for the repost if I’ve been ponied:

Trump’s election fraud falsehoods have cost taxpayers $519 million — and counting

[ This is a WaPo article syndicated at the Seattle Times, so if you have trouble reading it at ST you may be able to find it somewhere else. ]

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s onslaught of falsehoods about the November election misled millions of Americans, undermined faith in the electoral system, sparked a deadly riot – and has now left taxpayers with a large, and growing, bill.

The total so far: $519 million.

The costs have mounted daily as government agencies at all levels have been forced to devote public funds to respond to actions taken by Trump and his supporters, according to a Washington Post review of local, state and federal spending records, as well as interviews with government officials. The expenditures include legal fees prompted by dozens of fruitless lawsuits, enhanced security in response to death threats against poll workers, and costly repairs needed after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. That attack triggered the expensive massing of thousands of National Guard troops on the streets of Washington amid fears of additional extremist violence.

A cool half billy down the toilet because Trump is a piece of shit. That’s nothing new I guess though–just add it to the tally.

5 Likes

Makes $1.9T seem to not so big.

He’s a whackadoodle.

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1358529757265219592

3 Likes

What’s the covid1984 one?

Reference to the book 1984, which they’ve totes read and understood

13 Likes

I still don’t get it and I’ve read the book multiple times.

Like, just referencing that the government is telling us what to do in terms of the pandemic?

I think I’m looking for something clever where maybe there isn’t something clever.

Right wing use of ‘Orwellian’ tilts me as much as incorrect use of ‘irony’ to describe anything they think is weird or coincidental.

8 Likes

Have you seen what they’ve done to their house? There is no clever.

6 Likes

I’d say the opposite. If you think the 519 million is a lot, the stimulus is about four thousand times more.

1 Like

Like rain on your wedding day!

3 Likes

Can you sue your neighbor for tanking the value of your house? Does their 1st amendment rights trump your right not to lose value on your biggest piece of property?

Might have to return fire with “Fuck your feelings” and “Thank you Georgia” signs.

Touché!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/realguldukat/status/1358590708542803969?s=21

4 Likes

These used to be direct translations from Trump’s tweets. Is this OC now, or is Trump tweeting into the void from another platform.

I would guess they are creations now.

That’s why people put up with HOA…to prevent their neighbors from doing stuff like this

1 Like

"While she did not feel “physically threatened,” she said she had not expected to have sex with Trump and, at one point, thought about how to escape the room, thinking “I could definitely outrun him.”

Did Mitch “make a deal” with Schumer last time on how the first trial would run. Or did he just decide how it was going to go?

2 Likes