The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Pretty sure Lincoln didn’t pick him, they nominated them independently at the convention back then

https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/status/1356424848654884871

@goofyballer - pink hat lady has been found. Crazy mother of 8 from West PA. Probably on shitload of govt assistance.

2 Likes

Three weeks to find a PA mom. Where was she, Walmart? How’d we ever find Bin Laden?

6 Likes

Well, feel bad for those kids.

She told me that she did not share the racist views espoused by some on the far right. (In 2013, she tweeted, “what’s up, my n*ggas?” Powell defended the use of the N-word, saying, “My favorite book is ‘Gone with the Wind,’ and it uses that term freely.”)

Flawless logic.

5 Likes

I like my racists to be literate.

Is this like a Boomer version of “It’s okay for me to say ‘n***a’ when I’m rapping along to music in my car?”

She’s only 40!

2 Likes

isn’t mgt 53? oh you mean bullhorn yoga ldy.

who the fuck has Gone With The Wind as favorite book? no idea how well it’s written, only saw the movie. but i’m bewildered, does she like the love story and overlooks the racism, or does she like the civil war stuff with the racism?

lol she’s quoting that scene in gone with the wind where they say “what up my n----?”

7 Likes

Lots of people

1. “The Catcher” in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

hmmm

3 Likes

Ok that list is utter and complete bullshit except for Bible#1. There is no way more than 1 in 1000 Americans have read any meaningful amount of Moby Dick at #6. What do they love about it exactly, the fastidious, forensic cetology, the whimsical excursuses into Schopenhauerian metaphysics, and/or the homoerotic tension (not that there’s anything wrong with that, I’m just guessing that theme slipped by bunch of Carmela Soprano Bible Karens who think that Billy Budd is just a story about an innocent sailor who is picked on by an evil boss)?

It’s just the kind of book I’d expect Orange and his ilk to lie about having read. Moby Dick, the best words, tremendous words, and also very interesting from the standpoint of water.

23 Likes

lmao, would you like to read my 10th grade paper about how Fedallah symbolizes the devil, evil, and temptation? Also something about seabirds. It’s been a while.

:roll_eyes: :rofl:

I’m calling for a complete shutdown of Fedallah entering the country until we figure out what the hell is going on.

But sure, that could be a good thread, school essays. I don’t think I can find any of my college papers, let alone HS papers that I wrote in Word Perfect.

1 Like

It made sense to my underdeveloped teenager brain, I guess. What I mainly recall about 10th grade english class is that my teacher was hot.

1 Like

Two things about Moby Dick. The only thing involving queer theory I recall reading was an interpretation of Moby Dick. And I always think about its use in Heathers when someone mentions the book. Or Eskimos.

zero percent chance most people’s actual favorite book is something they read in 10th grade.

yup. Mine is one I read in 9th grade.

A Tale of Two Cities

1 Like