The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Or, like, any random black US citizen. People in Rikers or wherever are held for years.

1 Like

I think journalists fall into a habit of covering their butts with terms like “allegedly” or “accused of” when in reality, they can often be a bit more forthcoming. In this case, there does not appear to be mistaken identity, nor is there any dispute that he put his feet up on Pelosi’s desk. He’s admitted doing it. So, just stating he’s the guy who put his feet up on Pelosi’s desk is true and you don’t need to say “accused of”, except in the sense that he is in court, and thus needs to be “accused” of something to explain why he is there.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1367250101891178498?s=21

1 Like

Not sure if this sounds way too fake to be real, or way too real to be fake

4 Likes

Oh I agree. I just find it funny in this circumstance.

1 Like

Holy cow! !! WHOA

3 Likes

What?

You can’t just drop this with no context

Sorry, should’ve put quotes around it. Referencing some news tweets above where the reporters lead with those exclamatories. Just thought they were dumb.

1 Like

I needed a heart shock. Thanks.

Hey, even the best message board posters unintentially breach forum etiquette once.

@BestOf

1 Like

It’s gonna be funny all over again when someone is browsing BestOf and clicks through that quote to see what the big deal was

3 Likes

Normally, mocking journalists is fun, but in this case, all I did was let down an entire community of degen activists.

2 Likes

I’d call that an improvement

Can you elaborate on this? I am curious as a depressive person in Texas. I am not looking for a fight I am earnestly curious.

Is this a cryptic reference to Andrea Yates?

Texas medical board is known among the medical community for being nearly openly hostile to doctors trying to obtain medical licensure who have ever had a problem with depression, anxiety, substance abuse, etc, even if it was years ago and they are well treated now. They’ll put you through crazy amounts of drug screenings, see psychologists that you have to pay for out of pocket without insurance, and more while making you pay for it all.

There’s a few states that are worse. Can’t find the story now but there was a state board where an official who just happened to own a rehab facility required everyone to go there no matter what. Missouri maybe?

Anyways, the lesson I tell doctors is to never ever disclose mental health or substance use issues ever to a medical board.

5 Likes

Sigh. Mental health stigma is something that won’t disappear in my lifetime.

6 Likes

That’s depressing*

*yeah I’m trying to be funny, but I get it. I take my Effexor every day to keep my anxiety/dep on chill.

6 Likes

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the information.