The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Imagine being a Republican in 2021 and claiming you are srs bsnss.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1365158449592627202?s=21

1 Like

By now I’m a well boiled frog, but I wonder if a golden Obama or Biden statue would ever be wheeled into a dem event.

1 Like

that esquire article is straight fire

1 Like

Imagine trying to be a satirist in a world where the “christian” coalition is literally worshipping a golden idol.

27 Likes

SATIRICAL NEWS SITE The Onion – known for headlines like ‘World Death Rate Holding Steady at 100 Percent’ – has been valued at half a billion dollars, more than most of the news outlets it exists to mock.

That was in 2016 shortly before Trump delivered more low-hanging fruit than anyone has a right to pick.

3 Likes

Instead of saying that conservatism doesn’t exist, I would argue that Greene and Cawthorne represent true American conservatism and that the fake conservatives are the ones who have tried to cast that ideology as a grand intellectual venture.

10 Likes

I mean, you really need an “ill” option. Sudden weight loss is usually because someone is ill.

1 Like

Not shocking after the capital insurrection. Surprised he hasn’t raised a confederate one in it’s place.

This is what as known as “throwing good money after bad.”

of course. this is all a natural evolution of the conservative rot of the 60s and 80s, and of course 1994, 2000, 2001, 2008, and 2016.

1 Like

It really is amazing how much the Overton window has shifted, and how quickly. The Tea Partiers of just 10 years ago are now like, liberal republicans or blue dog democrats.

1 Like

True, but people that ill don’t usually play golf. It’s not impossible, but seems like a weird combo: sick enough for substantial weight loss but well enough to play golf.

i don’t think the article really took into account cawthorn’s politics, as much as his wheelchair. cawthorn is basically mtg without a college degree, or an ability to instagram crossfit workouts.

1 Like

Cawthorn appears to be far more objectively pro-Hitler than MTG, though that perception could admittedly only exist because we haven’t heard MTG’s views on Hitler yet.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/status/1365448913247993863?s=20

1 Like

She may also not be familiar with this Hitler fellow given her apparent lack of education.

2 Likes

It must be nice to be a conservative in America. Could you imagine how awesome it would be if this Overton shift happened in the other direction to the point where Bernie/AOC would be the conservative Dems.

7 Likes
3 Likes