The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Started reading Moby Dick last year, but goddamn that is one heavy read. 1/1000 sounds too high, no way 0.1% would slog through after realizing the first 50 pages are, in fact, representative of the entire book and it won’t get any easier.

This makes me very motivated to finish the book, thanks!

1 Like

I didn’t read Moby Dick until ten years after finishing a doctorate in litetature lol. And yet…i absolutely adore it.

3 Likes

I’m fairly certain I read that book in 4th or 5th grade when I was working my way through the library at my school. It did not make an impression on me, but a lot of my reading is data acquisition because I enjoy knowing stuff.

Have we ever done a favourite book thread? Mine is Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I’m planning to exercise a lot over the next couple months and will need some audiobooks. I just started Thin Air by Richard Morgan which will take a while, but I’d sign up for some people’s favourites after that. Charles Dickens is definitely a how about no, though.

1 Like

I made a Pitch Us Your Favourite Novel thread.

2 Likes

Count of monte cristo audible version was amazing. Off the back of that success im trying war and peace… less successful.

1 Like

When it’s the only book they’ve ever read, then it’s their favorite by default.

1 Like

I’ve spent the past year trying to read it and have gotten like 50 to 70 pages in.

Some of the best writing ever and also it’s an exceptionally immersive adventure story? Just skip over the unimportant chapters and it’s a great read.

1 Like

Dickens is great and you are missing out.

2 Likes

Dickens is great

Moby Dick is terrrible.

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

2 Likes

What a loser.

lololololol

5 Likes

I feel like Dickens would be more enjoyable if he wasn’t paid by the chapter.

5 Likes

Because if you reached a conclusion it must be true.

Probably not as tedious as the 100+ page detour Les Miserables takes to describe the battle of waterloo which if I remember correctly started as one character asking another “what’s up?.” First book I didn’t slog through, and this was while I was a theater nerd and Les Mis was super popular.

1 Like

23 Likes

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/1355207853238267905?s=20

This whole Russia/GOP collusion stuff is just a conspiracy theory, right guise?

5 Likes

The Dem establishment is Republican lite. Has been that way since at least Reagan.

If it wasn’t, AOC would already be speaker

1 Like