The Deep State: Snowden Vindicated

Obama handed the opportunity for Putin to shame the US here and that’s what happened.

putin invaded anotehr country less than a year later?

Having a kid changes the equation in my subjective opinion and just learned via Google that Snowden had a kid in 2020. Why he had a kid in such fucked up circumstances is another question but it is what it is. As played, he gets to throw morality into the wind and post like dumbfuck stooge as vast majority of people would do in his situation.

And Snowden should go to prison because of that?

I don’t know how his tweets are relevant to whether or not he should be in an American prison.

Should trump go to prison?

Should you? Or, what does that have to do with anything?

Solid work as always micro.

The classified documents obviously

1 Like

What the fuck was your question about genius?

i was replying to your comment about obama handing putin an opportunity, which is entirely orthogonal. i don’t know if snowden believes in the US justice system, but he’s entitled to a trial. the entire whistleblower thing is that they are committing something against the law, but doing it in the public’s interest. the calculus being that their charges can be lessened or dropped. is that not so?

You’re calling Trump a whistleblower or just trolling?

Should trump go to jail for not handling classified documents properly? If yes, why shouldn’t Snowden? It’s not like he released documents about some sort of specific thing about whatever illegal activity. He dropped >100k documents about very real and legal intelligence activity.

My point about Obama was related to your comment about the FSB protecting Snowden. They do it because it is and should be legitimately shameful how the US pursues and prosecutes whistleblowers against the military and spies.

I don’t know what Snowden’s calculus regarding charges was or what other whistleblowers calculate and it’s certainly not the same in every case.

1 Like

Snowden was heroically providing important information to the public about heinous things the US government does. It’s not the same, but you know this and are just trolling.

That was part of what he did. He also released hundreds of thousands of documents that were very legal and normal intelligence activity.

You can deal with this fact or not, idc

You don’t care? Coulda fooled me. You just want everyone else to understand that what the NSA was doing was legal? Did you know that legal things can be heinous?

Micro - to be clear, I don’t care if you deal with this fact. As you have repeatedly demonstrated that you won’t

to shame the us government for prosecuting people who steal classified information (for whistle blowing purposes or not), snowden accepted help of a government that had already poisoned and killed multiple journalists, some of whom were whistleblowers on crimes committed by FSB. story does indeed check out.

we all know what snowden’s side of the story is. i don’t know if i would agree to his jailing, but him standing trial and winning or losing and appealing on constitutional grounds seems more in-line with his image of an internet freedom fighter.

it is still hilarious in a “real horroshow” kinda way, that someone who worked at the cia can now be conscripted into the russian army, and he has ZERO legal rights to do jack shit about it. because he lives in an actual fascist state, instead of here, where people generally only consider one of the parties as fascist.

now imagine russia invades your country, and a territorial defense mobilization is underway?

He’d probably be in solitary in a supermax if he were here, which is something that almost every country in the world would classify as torture. It’s something that people in the US would have called torture when I was a kid.

Maybe instead of wanting an image of internet freedom fighter he just decided to give the citizens of the US information about the shitty US government and then hoped to do the best he could to avoid the wrath of that shitty government. I don’t see any reason why he should embrace the opportunity to face that any more than I’d blame a Russian dissident for leaving Russia if they spoke up against the Russian government.

2 Likes