
Headlines often suck.
I just found the Twitter of old 2+2er adanthar, posting largely about crypto. A+ stuff. Here he is on May 11, right when Terra was collapsing:
https://twitter.com/adanthar/status/1524339723312975879
This is also a very fine tweet:
https://twitter.com/adanthar/status/1542564648993652738
Here’s his current take on crypto, which is broadly similar to mine, although I wouldn’t describe myself as an “eth maxi”; I’m more agnostic than that:
Can someone translate this tweet?
“eth maxi”: Someone who believes your crypto investment should be 100% Ethereum
“long tfs”: long timeframes
“the flippening”: a hypothesized and hotly debated future event where the Ethereum market cap exceeds the Bitcoin market cap, ETH thus replacing BTC as the world’s major cryptocurrency
“four digit BTC shitcoin levels”: an unnecessarily complex way of saying “BTC under 10K”
Well gotta say I like that I have the same position as them
I seem to remember adanthar frequently taking his arguments all the way to crazytown.
He has always seemed like a very smart guy who thinks he’s a genius. That call from may was nice though
Yeah that’s a fair description. He tends to express himself in overconfident terms. He’s kind of consistent with that though so you can account for it while reading his posts.
That guy taught me everything I know about politics betting, which is literally just always bet against the libertarian guy.
Adanthar was the one who introduced us all to the thriving free market in children right? Or at least the one that always schooled fresh AC-ists.
Borodog was the person who made me realize very high IQ people can be complete imbeciles.
I don’t think adanthar was a doctrinaire libertarian? Might be wrong.
By “schooled” I mean made them aware of their hero’s very weird thoughts on children.
Oh, I see. I was reading both yours and Trolly’s posts wrong. I was starting to wonder how wrong my memories could possibly be.
*in the US we use “schooled” to mean “dunked on”. You probably call it teachy weachy or something.
I can read it as that or “educated”. It’s a Janus word.
The rare case where both meanings apply.
Wasnt that Lirva? Or waa he actually all gung ho and into roof roadz as a real concept?
Lirva was a true believer of many things, often contradictory.