The Crypto Thread

Whether or not the scammed receive empathy is beside the point.

It’s like learning how to do home repair. You’re going to make plenty of mistakes at first. But at least you don’t usually have to worry about destroying your entire house.

It’s weird how you don’t like libertarians but you want some company to decide what laws to follow, and become a lawless entity because they won’t give up the names of people funding terrorism.

So every business should decide for themselves what laws they should follow based on their individual assessment of the morality of those laws? Come on man.

If you make phone calls to known identified terrorists and your phone company gives your name to the fbi, it’s not an indictment on cell phones. You’re stretching

Not really, because you will ignore anything I post and 3 weeks later we’ll be right back to this same discussion.

It is beyond absurd for you to even think that nobody else is aware of Issue X that you just found out about, or doing anything to improve it. Your starting point for all of these issues is utterly ridiculous.

4 Likes

Companies can and do resist efforts to hand over personal data all the time. Just because you’re licensed in some country doesn’t mean that government has instant access to any customer data they want.

And for being a crypto bro you’re sure snapping into line and licking big government boots in a weird way that I honestly didn’t expect.

I’ve been harping on wallets for the masses since my first posts itt. You’re literally the first poster who’s ever admitted it might be a bit of a problem and something worth fixing.

I was told to just use Coinbase if wallets scared me so much. But of course also don’t use Coinbase because lol at you for trusting any exchange.

It’s been a decade. Seems if there were an easy or even reasonably hard solution to making wallets accessible to the masses, we’d have heard something by now?

Thousands of people sent money to people literally pretending to be African princes, yet somehow email still managed to survive and flourish.

There are tradeoffs between hard wallets, centralized exchanges, dexes, etc. All are and can be useful depending on the purpose while still having downsides.

It’s bad analogy day in crypto land. Email has plenty of other utility.

Crypto’s only bonafide uses are ransomware, money laundering, illicit trade, and making money for early adopters. Every claim that crypto was going to make the world a better place or somehow liberate the masses is bullshit.

How many babushkas are there?

fadf

5 Likes

Ok so it’s not about the scams then. The issue is you don’t believe there’s utility. Which is fine, but let’s not obfuscate it.

1 Like

If I’m going to remain above the law anyway, my bank/credit card/Western Union has a lot more protection from fraud than a crypto exchange.

Also with a bank, I have to basically be hypnotized into handing my money over to someone, not forget to check some box in setting up my wallet.

(Yes goofy I know some people still get scammed into taking out all their money from the bank and sending it to Nigeria. Again, terrible analogy. Crypto won’t protect against that either. But it will reimburse me if I get hit with the kind of hacking fraud that crypto holders seem to fall victim to all the time.)

If you tried funding terrorism through western union or you bank, you’d get put on a list, I’d hope. You’re like, mad that terrorist supporters aren’t getting away with it, because in your warped imagination you think evil crypto should be fully evil but in real life it isn’t.

Same people saying same stuff in the same place.

I don’t believe any claims that involve crypto for the masses. Without these claims, are current prices justified?

suzzer advocating illegally funding terrorism is a new twist

1 Like

Wasn’t the whole point of crypto that it’s supposed to get around those kinds of government lists?

You are all over the place.

Most people in this thread have actually been remarkably consistent in what they’ve told you. You really do seem to keep forgetting whenever you get re-triggered by something.

1 Like

Resisting Putin is not terrorism, despite your truly strange insistence that it is.

I think I’m making my points pretty clearly.

I’m getting hit from all sides by people who quite frankly should be arguing with each other about stuff like whether crypto should or shouldn’t be a way to get around tyrannical governments - and whether wallets are perfectly fine as is, or need to be improved to make them more accessible to the masses - and whether or not it’s ok for exchanges to turn over all personal data to the govt of any company where they do business.