The Crypto Thread

madoff’s went on for longer than that

Would it make you feel better to know that guy scammed his partner out of the 50% share he was owed? Fuck that guy.

1 Like

NFT utopia right around the corner

That looks rare.

5 Likes

Legendary!

4 Likes

What happens if someone sends @anon29622970 a larger RivermanDAO dot?

1 Like

So back in 2015-16 during Trump’s ascendancy I was super active on FB; old friends and acquaintances were outing themselves as being conservative assholes and I was busy flaming everybody and burning bridges.

Anyway, while doing so with an old high school friend, there was this other guy who was jumping in and assisting. Dude was named Edward and we struck up this friendship over the years.

In 2020 he posts that he sold his company Blockfolio for $150 million and at this point I realize that Edward Moncada is a celebrity of sorts in the crypto world. I tell him congrats, but I also tell him flippantly that we’re gonna do a heads-up charity poker game where he donates $100k to a charity of his choice if he wins, and $100k to a charity of my choice if he loses. He LOLs or whatever and I think nothing of it.

Then a month ago the dude DMs me and says this:

Dude also happens to have won a bracelet, so added bonus of getting to test my skills against a proven WSOP champion, but also I get to freeroll for $10k. We opted to do a series of three HU SNGs, I’ve won the 1st, he won the 2nd, and the 3rd will be scheduled in the next week or two.

Open to suggestions regarding Ukraine-oriented charities that I could choose for the $90k.

11 Likes

I should probably explain what the art is since a blue Freddie Kitchens cosmic might be confusing to people. I wanted to do a trial run for a small NFT art collection to test out a few ideas and methods for generating art. When I saw multiple people using the same Freddie Kitchens photo as a profile pic, it occurred to me that RivermanDAO could benefit from the holders owning unique digital artworks. My first idea for what a RivermanDAO collection might look like was an ambitious project: digital paintings of all the legendary NFL coaches (Fat Mike, Omar Mike, Riverboat Ron, et al). However, this turned out to be a bit too labor intensive, so I eventually settled on repping out different versions of just the Freddie avatar. Here’s the base model:

From there, I needed to generate 75 additional unique Freddies to fill out all of the tokens that were minted. Easy mode for that is doing geometry transforms and color exchanges:

Also minor tweaks to logos and stuff and you can rep out quite a few unique, yet uninteresting combinations. Those are the base commons, aka the filler. Since there were 30 holders of the token, I wanted to ensure that every holder would receive one jpeg that (1) had at least one unique trait and (2) looked visually dissimilar to the commons. These are the “rares,” and they mostly include memes borrowed from NFL (international games, Komen merch scam, troop / cop supporting) and crypto / NFT projects that people are familiar with (Doodles, pak, Dapper, etc.). Here’s a sheet with all rares:

The camo patterns, floral print, and cosmic backgrounds were all made by an AI art generator that I’ve posted about in another thread. Initially I had hoped the AI would be good at capturing the likeness of many NFL coaches, but that turned out to be a mixed bag and mostly low quality.

13 Likes

I want a Ukraine Flag one.

1 Like

That one is a free / fair use jpeg that does not come with the benefits of ownership.

1 Like

right-click saved

4 Likes

Riverman DAO FOMO is on the rise! I have people contacting me unsolicited asking to buy some of my many NFTs. Get in now before the price goes to the moon!

7 Likes

Folks have been buying them?!?

No, people are trying to buy them. Unfortunately for them, all of the RivermanDAO holders have diamond hands.

4 Likes

But no one can ever own the one and only :ukraine: RivermanDAO that I own because I said so.

I’ve created an unhackable NFT ownership registry. Ask me about any NFT and I’ll tell you who owns it on suzzerchain. No fear of malware smart contracts. It’s all in my head.

You are going to get no shortage of folks trying to buy them.

https://twitter.com/masonmennenga/status/1507417980476420096