The Crypto Thread

Just popping in to repeat.

Beanie. Babies. Fad.

3 Likes

Thanks. Selling crypto and buying some oil stocks or some bonds issued by the US government!

1 Like

Not saying one cannot take advantage of the market, just that it’s not a stable instrument with possibly no inherent underlying value.

I do not categorize ETH as safe as BTC. “There is no second best.” That said, I think ETH is order of magnitudes safer than any other alt coin for a long-term hold. Would not hold anything other than BTC and ETH for long-term if you aren’t actively trading. Your position in SOL is so low though that it doesn’t really matter I guess, sounds like it’s just a small gamble for you.

60/40 is a good ratio IMO. If you go off the mcaps of BTC relative to ETH you would be at 70/30 so you’re not far off that. Basically you’re indexing BTC and ETH with a ratio around there, which is what I do as well.

Moving this shit where it belongs. This thread is so so condescending to anyone who dares point out the obvious. And now people follow me around the site starting shit about it.

Apparently you haven’t been keeping up with the crypto thread - the zeitgeist goalposts have done a 180 to “lol of course we knew monkey jpegs weren’t worth $5M all along, but still lol suzzer because old man doesn’t get the internet argle bargle.”

You’re so full of shit. Plenty of posters attacked me for ever comparing $5M monkey JPEGs to tulips. You just don’t understand old man. This is just like when no one got the internet (your personal favorite).

Imagine if during the meme stonks craze - some poster came into the stocks thread and said, “This is all fund and games, but you guys know GME isn’t worth $1.50, much less $150, and this is all going to end badly for some people, right?” Every single poster in that thread would have concurred. End of discussion.

But try that shit in the crypto thread and prepared to battle it out with a dozen hyper-sensitive very upset posters.

Everything else is just you shifting the goalposts and argle bargle. You may never have truly believed, but plenty of others in that thread did. And they did not want to hear anything about NFTs and tulips.

When this is all over and the cult wears off, you guys really need to read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Madness-Crowds/dp/149036188X/ref=asc_df_149036188X/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312065522531&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4564316907189611606&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031025&hvtargid=pla-453081728382&psc=1

Then you can be the grumpy old men to tell the kids that this time is not in fact different, when the next one of these comes along.

Someday you’ll try to explain to your grandkids about how the rights to claim ownership to a pointer to a mass-produced monkey JPEG sitting on a server somewhere sold for the price of a mansion. And they’ll say “all right grandpa let’s get you to bed”.

2 Likes

I’ve said my piece. I’m doing my best to stay out of here. How about just stop being a dick to me about this in other threads?

3 Likes

Is it true that these apes are actual JPEGs? Seems like for 5 milly you could at least go for a lossless format imo.

6 Likes

Apes are JPEG, Monkey are onchain SVG

3 Likes

Imagine thinking $30,000 bitcoin and $200,000 cartoon apes proves you right.

1 Like

Just dont reply to the post because then he will reply back and it starts over

2 Likes

My DCA strategy for the summer is to buy Bitcoin every time suzzer or riverman post ITT

10 Likes

https://dappradar.com/blog/does-madonna-giving-birth-to-mechanical-centipedes-end-the-bear-market

https://twitter.com/SRuhle/status/1525292257565458433?s=20&t=8BHb6QHsyixlb6h_k84eBw

Is anyone worried that the Kardashian Kurse has spread to crypto?

The fuck is the kardashian kurse?

1 Like

Real or onion?

Their existence, I assume.

3 Likes

No one in this thread or anywhere knows anything.

1 Like

Something something basketball players and Kardashians. Seems like a good delete.

1 Like

When did somebody say somebody itt said this?