The Crapto Thread

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For reference:

https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1261800592915271682

1 Like

Yeah but what about the value of your equity in a pot when that turn card hits?

2 Likes

I mean there were legitimately millions of dollars made. Do you guys think that is a lie or something? Because otherwise that is a pretty weird dunk attempt.

Call it being big time mad or whatever, I think the general consensus from the discord crew is amazement and disgust someone like suzzer can make literally 1000 posts that are all essentially both the same and this ignorant.

3 Likes

Everyone in discord has been rugged unprecedented, over and over, and yet most of us did great. The edges were huge. It’s consistently mind-blowing how a group of poker players continue to (pretend to) not understand this

5 Likes

Do you think anyone doubts that people made money in a bull market? Do you guys remember Dave Portnoy day trader videos?

Yeah I didn’t read Big Short twice and watch the movie for sex and drugs. I did it for the surreal financial insanity.

And I certainly don’t need to see SBF’s moobs flopping around during an orgry. Although… the Hollywood-cast version of Wood Nymph will be pretty hot.

I need to watch Margin Call.

Do you…not like money?

Not philosophically, like dollars you can exchange for goods and services

I’ve never lost mid 6 figures on a nazi monkey cartoon, so I must like money more than some itt

Your point seems to be suzzer gets treated with disdain because we are big time mad as a result of losing all our money this year or something?

I mean I’m down from the peak but still up a decent chunk in 2022 which hasn’t been remotely a bull market. Others are up way more.

Maybe people are mad, maybe not. But reading the ‘you mad? No, you mad’ discourse does make me mad

5 Likes

(In case you’re too obtuse to understand my point, I’m mostly laughing at people bagholding bayc still). I’m sure all the rest of you saw this coming and exited your crypto positions (without the help of 6ix this time) and have no reason to be mad.

Let he who is without a career/hobby of robbing idiots of their money cast the first stone

1 Like

I bought some crypto this morning, should I be worried?

awkward-umm-what

I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone has lost 6 figures on a nazi monkey cartoon? Paper gains from the top sure but the bayc holders here (i am not one of them) are still up on what they hold plua have made a huge sum of money from airdrops and flipping some of them along the way.

Do you see playing the crypto markets as a potential long term source of income, like playing poker?

I think the general take is there will always be a next thing along these lines. Poker/DFS/crypto has been the last 20 years worth. If crypto is dead there will be a next boom in something stupid you will want to be early to.

1 Like

Look at this thing I just minted. Can’t put a price on that!*

3 Likes

I have all my hodlings on coin base at the moment. Given what happened with FTX, and the rumors of a possible run at crypto.com, should I be just moving it all from coin base to a private wallet or are they considered relatively safe at this point?

If you’re comfortable with a custodial wallet I would go that route. I also think Coinbase is very likely to be safe but it’s not 0 risk

I’d move it. Coinbase is probably safest but who knows at this point.