The Crapto Thread

I knew the response I was going to get and who was going to do it. Lol

1 Like

Cohen rule

Riverman livid for weeks as crypto pumps, finally gets to gloat about a dip, then 45 minutes later everything else shits the bed too.

https://twitter.com/KITHnocontext/status/1560643751617261568

4 Likes

Not a great sign for SPX that it just tails whatever Bitcoin does 7 hours earlier.

2 Likes

Although not a great sign for BTC either if it’s bounded on the upside by what stonks/fiat are doing, as it seems to have been for a while now.

The IRS had argued that Harper’s suit ran afoul of the Anti-Injunction Act of the Internal Revenue Code because his ultimate aim was to block the government from collecting taxes based on his crypto trades. But the 1st Circuit focused on Harper’s framing of the case, in which he demanded that the IRS expunge trading records that, in Harper’s view, were obtained in violation of his Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights. Under CIC precedent, the appeals court said, Harper is entitled to sue over IRS tactics, even if those tactics would eventually enable the government to assess and collect taxes.

https://twitter.com/AdriOfTheDead/status/1560346831133020161

:vince:

I’m confused. Isn’t that some kind of nft copyright infringements? Are nft’s not copyrighted? If not, what’s the point?

Screenshot from 2022-08-19 21-44-28

Screenshot from 2022-08-19 21-44-17

Haven’t bothered to look but that isn’t likely to be a nft.

Eta-Or they own the rights to the nft or own the actual nft. Zero chance old navy is printing nft t shirts they don’t own the rights to the image. If anything old navy doing this is bullish for nfts not the other way around.

Untitled

2 Likes

What’s the point of what? Old Navy licenced it because they wanted to. Thats not how nfts work.

Why would there be zero chance of this?

:vince2:

Because large corporations like this have legal counsel and generally don’t take stupid risk like selling items with IP that they haven’t gotten the proper licenses and approvals. Also, if you look at the listing it shows a “TM” after BAYC as well as listing “© 2021 Yuga Labs LLC”, indicating those are trademarked and copyrighted - so you’d have to be extra dumb to sell something as a trademarked item, but not actually have negotiated the rights to sell it with the IP holders.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gerrycanavan/status/1560969959991398400?s=21&t=m6o5mjL4Dlc7DDHZ6tvNUA

5 Likes

The worst divorce decree I ever saw (as part of a bankruptcy case, I was not his counsel in his divorce and would never let anyone agree to something like that) was a guy who felt guilty for cheating on his spouse so agreed in the decree to give her the marital residence AND keep paying the mortgage.

As soon as they got divorced his ex-wife moved in with her boyfriend and moved her mom into the house that my bankruptcy client is still paying for to this day. The worst part is bankruptcy won’t save you from that and if he stops paying for it he would be in violation of his divorce decree and potentially facing consequences from a contempt action.

1 Like

Old navy owned the nft?

1 Like