The Crapto Thread

I want to apologize to anybody that owns a decent amount of money in Bitcoin. I’ve never owned any sort of crypto but I had money on a poker account and finally was able to get it transferred to a Bitcoin wallet. Literally the day after it hit my wallet and before I could exchange it into cash the price plummeted

3 Likes

Wat

It will be at a million soon, just hold!

7 Likes

Interesting article

I’d really like to know how access to one’s Instagram account exposes millions worth of NFTs.

2 Likes

Probably the same way you could scam millions if you had Taylor Swift’s account

Apparently it happened a year ago

From the article, the hacked instagram account broadcast a link to a giveaway. People clicked on it, and then had their stuff stolen.

I mean let’s face it, who hasn’t clicked on a link in a Discord chat and had their entire bank savings account wiped out at some point in their lives?

Oh wait, that can’t actually happen lol

3 Likes

People being immensely stupid and connecting their wallet and signing transactions they shouldn’t be with it mostly. It’s more than just click link on instagram, lose jpgs. They’ve got to actively make more poor decisions after they follow the bad link.

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

You don’t say, “hey I robbed you and I now regret it” you say, “hey when you exposed your seed phrases I knew bad actors would attack you dark forest style so I preemptively secured your assets. Make a new wallet and I’ll send your coins to you”

2 Likes

Thieves generally ain’t bright but I just read he lost 60k in crypto but when he got it back it was 50k. Sounds about right these days.

Seemed like the majority of his holdings were $MATIC and the attacker-with-a-conscience only got to that wallet in time

looks like both are true

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-12/-cryptoqueen-sidekick-gets-20-years-in-4-billion-ponzi-scheme

man there’s been so many I don’t remember that

2 Likes

6 Likes