The Crapto Thread

i’d have to think long and hard about whether i’d accept $10 billion to do whatever i wanted for the next 10 years, but when 10 years is up, i go to prison.

if i ended up in country club prison with shuffleboard and twice-weekly ice cream, i’m a lean-yes. even if it were state prison, thinking about how i’d prepare the last 6 months makes me think i might do it. lots of time to hide money to bribe inmates/guards/their people outside.

only thing that has me iffy is how soon do i start to think about prison and enjoying life less?

prob could cheat the system and OD a couple weeks before i have to turn myself in…

1 Like

The sad part is that SBF luckboxed into a spot to where he could have positioned himself to live lavishly for the rest of his life even if bitcoin crashed back to 70 cents. Instead he parlayed money that he never would have been of any use an ended up fucking uo everything.

3 Likes

The tens of billions he stole merely allowed him to altruism effectively. It was never about living lavishly for SBF (he drove a Corolla)

3 Likes

It’s like when potripper had all the info and instead of hiding out and playing 10-20nl with a 5bb/100 winrate, his greed took control and he started calling down with 4 high in massive publicized tourneys. Humans are weird.

2 Likes

cash games were first i think, but yeah it was bad.

1 Like

I still, miss the games there - and the regs that played. Orange crush, A1steaksauce, manutebol, pt owner carrotsnake, jturtle.

1 Like

Man those games were great. Didn’t get my money back from the feds, but kept the minimum on there. I split a bbj with a2steaksauce I think QQ vs K9ss, got it in on a KQsTs board, hit the runner/runner.

That’s the case why CZ et al are on the up and up (relatively). The scam they’re running is not letting any government in the world really know how much wealth they actually have. And that wealth is based on the notion that there are trustworthy and functional exchange in existence.

You don’t trust a person will do right by you, you trust that they’ll do right by themselves with a general animus of self-preservation.

I honestly don’t know what I’d do with $10B except acquire a whole lot of sycophants. I guess the sex would be good as you’d get a lot of gold-diggers. But that’s literally the only thing that I’d enjoy.

What if you could spend $9.5 billion to enact meaningful prison reform and have half a billion left over to spend how you wish?

What the hell? Now you’re on about reform?

My first instinct was to ask how many prisons you can blow up for $9.5 billion.

You can blow up prisons without billions of dollars, get cracking

What if SBF’s crazy uncle accidentally left the money with Mr. Potter and SBF is too noble to let him take the fall? Not to worry! Surely all the crypto bros that SBF helped along the way will chip in with donations large and small, and the DOJ will tear up the charges.

1 Like

Two key lawmakers, Sens. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) and John Boozman (R-Ark.), on Tuesday confirmed that their offices had donated or would donate the money they had received from Bankman-Fried to charity. The two had worked hand-in-hand with the now-disgraced crypto mogul on legislation seen as friendly to the industry.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), who is set to become House minority leader in the next Congress, donated his contributions to the American Diabetes Association several weeks ago, according to an aide. Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) contributed his sums to a local food bank before Thanksgiving, the office said. And Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), a longtime crypto advocate, gave her donation this past month to a nonprofit fighting poverty, according to a spokesman.

Charity? Uh how about you give it back to FTX so the bankruptcy guys can repay the money that S.B.F. stole and then gave to you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/12/14/ftx-sbf-crypto-fraud-charges-hearing/

I think the tricky part is getting the prisoners out first.

Any thoughts from the Discord crew on whether this could be a good buy?

1 Like

I’d feel comfortable putting up to 10% of my net worth in those

20221215_105328

1 Like

2 Likes