The Crapto Thread

Oh dunk, is Shatner going to release TekWar NFTs?

2 Likes

:vince2:

edit: I didn’t remember his name - just the Duty Free thing and then Google.

1 Like

It’s a lot less expensive to live in Tokyo than is commonly believed.

1 Like

Tokyo has Insanely high level food like fried chicken, Ramen, and Udon for under $10 a meal

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1593787496814493698?s=20&t=l7QEVbtOWxySnaj6gLuGFQ

8 Likes

Lol Paul Weiss isn’t a lawyer. It’s an entire firm.

1 Like

:vince:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s like 1000 lawyers. Dunno if they are handling the bankruptcy. If so they are likely conflicted out of any personal representation of SBF.

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1593615727512227840

if it were me writing the headline i wouldn’t call the person who bankrupted a hedge fund + incinerated 8 billion in free loans from her fuckboy a “math whiz”

also, i would spell it “wiz” because THAT’S the shortened form of wizard. “whiz” is urine, sir

12 Likes

Any businessbro who has so much as a BA in physics gets hailed as a Tony Stark math/science wizard by the business press. Musk, Holmes, this girl, etc.

1 Like

Musk don’t have that ba in physics though, still hailed!

Tokyo has Insanely high level food like fried chicken, Ramen, and Udon for under $10 a meal

It’s also fast food. It’s not like going to a ramen joint in the USA and waiting for 20 minutes to get your food.

It’s odd everyone keeps harping on their age as if it is disqualifying the same month the US is electing 25 year olds to congress.

I think it’s the combination of their age plus resistance to things like reading books. That lack of intellectual curiosity is a weakness for people of all ages, but for young people the narrative of “doesn’t know what they don’t know” lands better. Do the 25 year olds going to Congress refuse to read books or ask questions?

That’s a separate issue. I’m not defending these people but think their age is the least interesting aspect of the whole thing.

Yeah but people love age and generation based narratives.

ah yes I cannot tell the difference between having 1 25-year-old in a 400+ member body and a zoomer in sole control of billions of assets with zero oversight or accountability. they’re the same picture.

3 Likes

I understand that point that being a young adult in and of itself shouldn’t be disqualifying, but it’s the combination of their age plus the very real fact pattern that looks a lot like some people who don’t know what they don’t know and make mistakes that people with more experience and some knowledge of the history of finance wouldn’t make. It’s not like they are in their 20s and ran this enterprise like the most mature, knowledgeable, and competent Chief Risk Officers in the world. They’re in their 20s and ran their enterprise like young people who never learned anything about the world pre-2012.

1 Like

You really are posting poorly lately. Do better. Internet points seem really important to you.