The COVID Files: Deep dive on MDs, DOs, MCATs & possibly Accountants

yeah if he didn’t take any breaks it makes perfect sense.

How hard is the osteopathy school in Kirksville, MO?

how should i know?

This is directly from their website:

Ya, that was hyperbole on my part. Let’s just call it way harder.

Because you present yourself here as someone who knows everything?

My brother was worried about it and I won a prop bet that he’d pass. Something like 80%+ of the people from most of the better known schools pass.

y’all talking about some very specific subject matter that I have a lot of experience in and you guys don’t even know the basics. I give you what info I got, and I’m the asshole acting like he knows everything.

:+1:

9 Likes

Gotta love those sweet sweet barriers to entry

Your reply to suzzer was quite assholeish, Sheldon.

That‘s an unfair post. The next one as well.

According to their website, their minimum required MCAT score is higher than the average MCAT score of admitted applicants from the Tennessee one that I posted above.

So, seems better than the nut low one that I could find with minimal effort.

No, it isn’t. He has been talking down to people since he got here. I can provide plenty other examples. I’ll put him on ignore and end it here though no worries.

Don’t we have a doctor shortage? Seems like someone should be opening up more med schools, I don’t get it. Are they not moneymakers for the universities that have them?

CA dipped under 50% total pass rate a couple of times. Which is a very unpleasant thing for those who don’t pass. Maybe some reasonable chunk of Drs don’t get a residency or pass boards or whatever, but the medical profession seems much less cutthroat than law (“wohoo, less competition”). There’s more vetting pre med school (can you pass chemistry?), but then less after.

If that’s a reference to the school the physician went to, it was likely far easier to get in then.

Again though, it does not matter.

I’m sure we could come up with a similar joke for doctors. A doc with just a medical degree (i.e. MD or DO) is arguably more unemployable than any lawyer, until they have done residency. If they don’t get a residency spot (which is apparently harder these days and not a lock), they are truly fucked.

Which physician? Conley? That’s not where he went.

I think Suzzer asked about it because he is from that area.

1 Like

With law it only really matters for your first job if you want to work in BigLaw. I got my start in a large DA"s office coming out of a tier 2 law school, but plenty of tier 4 people worked with me. From there I got much better jobs

1 Like

yeah this. Going to a doctor more than 100 years ago was basically worse than not going to a doctor.

That isn’t true