The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

lol I watched a couple of minutes too, my God

1 Like

Are they not still convicted?

https://twitter.com/deathstarpr/status/1341910115230728193?s=21

12 Likes

Trump’s next move: preemptively pardoning Deutsche Bank. “It’s never been done; many people said it can’t be done, but we’re strongly considering it.”

5 Likes

No way. There’s not some kind of “felony conviction” rule afaik (though likely a presumption, would vary by state). It’s almost always something like “demonstrates inability to practice law” or “reflects negatively on the profesion.” They could petition for reinstatement or whatever, but good luck outside AL.

I know the case of the former New Republic writer/fabulist made it to the CA Supreme Court, who held his 5 years of rehabilitation or whatever was insufficient and he couldn’t practice law.

1 Like

For the first 30-ish seconds, I was like, “Is this actually a serious video?”

2 Likes

I really want the inside story of the Mitch/Trump relationship. At some point Mitch had to say, “Do what I say on judges or we’ll abandon you.” There had to be some explicit deal but I don’t know if we’ll ever get the details.

1 Like

The big ones seem to be

• Voting rights restoration
  • Gun ownership
  • Some convictions preclude you from running for public office. A pardon should clear that up.

The inside story is at some point Mitch said, “Do what I say on judges or we’ll abandon you.”

4 Likes

Didn’t stone already get a pardon? Did he do a bunch of new crimes since then?

Odds that trump pardons the unabomber? Eric Rudolph? Terry Nichols? They all got a raw deal from the Clinton DOJ

nah trump is lazy so he just had them give him a list to pick from and started off with the doucheist sounding ones.

1 Like

he got a commute, this is his full pardon.

The one good thing is that even tho kush and all the kids are going to get pardoned, none of them are capable of keeping their noses clean and will all have committed like 30 new felonies before the end of February

3 Likes

Whoever sold you your pony should get a bad review at the Better Business Bureau

There is no 20th month

1 Like

At this point nothing’s off the table

Snowden
Assange
Ronald Reagan
Oliver North
Nixon, again
Bill O’Reilly
Lex Luthor
Thanos

and perhaps the most infamous criminal of all, one who was given the death penalty by the DEEP STATE ruling senate

Jesus Christ

2 Likes

This one I can actually imagine. Evangelicals would find a way to eat it up.

1 Like

But I hope this check I wrote you does

State charges, but that probably won’t stop him from trying. Ditto for St. Louis gun couple.

1 Like

He’s absolutely going to find some white hate crime people to pardon. Most of the “I killed that guy for being gay” crimes involve federal law since killing people for being gay is basically legal in every state with GOP Senators.

3 Likes