The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

Except not including what are essentially your own experts in such a loop is pretty weird.

So far 100% of the actual voter fraud cases / indictments have been Trump supporters no?

2 Likes

What happens when the commander in chief lies and cheats on everything?

We will never know.

1 Like

I think so

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1341421160085352448

Haha Pence off the ticket in 2024

He has no political future now

Pardon Time

Thank you for your service

Mike Pence’s political legacy will be he once had a fly on his head.

16 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1341537886315950080
( twitter | raw text )

In an audacious pre-Christmas round of pardons, President Trump granted clemency on Tuesday to two people convicted in the special counsel’s Russia inquiry, four Blackwater guards convicted in connection with the killing of Iraqi civilians and three corrupt former Republican members of Congress.

Among those pardoned was George Papadopoulos, who was a foreign policy adviser to Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign and pleaded guilty in 2017 to making false statements to federal officials as part of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.

Also pardoned was Alex van der Zwaan, a lawyer who pleaded guilty to the same charge in 2018 in connection of the special counsel’s inquiry. Both men served short prison sentences.

One of them, Nicholas Slatten, had been sentenced to life in prison after the Justice Department had gone to great lengths to prosecute him. Mr. Slatten, had been a contractor for the controversial company Blackwater and was sentenced for his role in the killing of 17 Iraqi civilians in Nisour Square in Baghdad — a massacre that left one of the most lasting stains on the United States of the war.

The three former members of Congress pardoned by Mr. Trump were Duncan Hunter of California, Chris Collins of New York and Steve Stockman of Texas.

Mr. Hunter was set to begin serving an 11-month sentence next month. He pleaded guilty in 2019 to one charge of misusing campaign funds.

Mr. Collins, an early endorser of Mr. Trump, is serving a 26-month sentence after pleading guilty in 2019 to charges of making false statements to the F.B.I. and to conspiring to commit securities fraud.

Mr. Stockman was convicted in 2018 on charges of fraud and money laundering and was serving a 10-year sentence.

And Mr. Trump granted full pardons to two former Border Patrol agents whose sentences for their roles in the shooting of an alleged drug trafficker had previously been commuted by President George W. Bush.

lol somehow i made it to the end of that 4 mins, but the payoff was worth it

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1341535860655861760?s=20

I knew this was coming and yet it still feels like a punch in the gut. I’m actually feeling physically ill, and that’s not an exaggeration. I’m going to go for a walk.

18 Likes

Dude killed 17 civilians.

Anyone doubting that Trump would do ethnic cleansing and genocide if given the chance is a straight up dumbass.

16 Likes

Duncan Hunter stole from veterans charities and he might be the least objectionable of this batch of pardons.

Separately, fuck pardons, lol founders.

15 Likes

so Trump is vetoing the covid bill?

probably objectively true, but because I was so close to it all, it definitely feels worse.

When I get my time machine working, my first stop will be to eradicate Pardon Powers from the Constitution (tbh, it will be a joint stop where I also eradicate the Electoral College).

Throughout the summer, Democrats cruelly blocked Covid relief legislation…

ROFL I almost just stopped listening here. Then I just kept waiting for him to say he was vetoing it but of course he didn’t say that. He just listed a bunch of non-Covid related stuff he doesn’t like (i.e., anything related to the environment, the arts, or foreign countries). And then “requested” that they send him a bill that has much more in direct payments ($2000 per person) and gets rid of all the wasteful spending and “send me a suitable bill or else the next administration will have to deliver a Covid relief package”. What a loser.

1 Like

I guess this makes me feel a little bit better.

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1341530584477143040?s=20