The C-Word

Because words are important and you need strong words sometimes.

Why are asshole and douche important to Americans?

1 Like

It’s reds under the beds all over again.

You take several disparate individuals who barely knew each other before you started demonising them, lump them together in some imagined “clique” because of disagreements with your centrist poster boy, then it’s easy to start banning them all.

Next up: SenorKeeed/Watevs/Victoar, are you or have you ever been British?

I know most of the centrists/rightists here hate me (and I’m ok with that) because I can’t help reminding them that the reason they ended up with Trump is that there are too many Americans like them (never mind the 75M)…let the purge begin with a ban on our language.

3 Likes

You’re not aware of very much here, are you?

No wonder I keep forgetting you’re a mod and thinking there are only four - you hardly ever post and when you do I sometimes confused you with ggoreo for some reason (name similarity I guess).

I don’t hate sky or anyone else here, despite what you might like to think. People making bad choices doesn’t make them worthy of hate.

**** all profanity, and personal attacks get you a ban. Problem solved.

2 Likes

When the US MIC drag your country into an illegal war despite millions turning out to protest against it, and the end result is, just as everyone predicted, a total clusterfuck and numerous terrorist attacks on your own streets and your local schools are shut down on 7/7 (look it up) and you have to console a child sent home from school terrified about what’s just happened and try to explain to them why they shouldn’t feel unsafe despite the horrific scenes on TV maybe, just maybe, you’ll understand why people abroad hate the US military so much and hate to see people glorifying it.

Empathy, what is it?

1 Like

The forum seems to have some desire for stronger modding, but uncertainty as to what that looks like.

I’m fine with letting skydiver mod her way for a bit, then put it to a vote on whether people like the results.

But, really, people need to treat flagged posts and timeouts as not that big of a deal.

1 Like

I can relate to this except:

I don’t quite understand what this means to the posters from the UK/Ireland means I’m going to be humble and try.

I did vote to bar the word in the first place, not because it bothers me, but because it was important to some other people here.

If ~everyone tried to make their posts itt with the objective of making this forum better, this fuckery would end quickly.

1 Like

I think it might be a little bit complicated.

1 Like

It’s not about the C word, it’s about sources of forum drama.

Please expand.

This is just imagined self-persecution poppycock. There are plenty of good posters here who are Brits. Tomdemaine comes to mind. There also coincidentally just happen to be a handful of British posters who are also terrible posters. They fact that they are British has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

What a fucking snowflake.

2 Likes

If it was serious it would be.

Get a SOH.

It’s not, it’s just a convenient pretext to stir up pointless drama.

2 Likes

Fidget got a harmless timeout for posting that was judged to be heading in the direction of inducing more forum drama. Likewise, this thread has been throttled. Neither of those things should be treated as big deals.

The mods are acting as if their objective is to avoid a situation where a thread like this blows up with a few hundred posts in a few hours without any substantive discussion or fun or where it spills over into other threads. I find that to be an acceptable goal and for their methods to be reasonable attempts at attaining that goal. At some level, we empower the mods to be judges of what is good faith and what is bad faith. Their word on that is not sacrosanct, but I have not seen a good argument that they have been clearly wrong in their judgment.

3 Likes

This dude needs to fucking go. You guys already threw cuse over the side of the boat for this asshole and his friends.

I was right about everything then. Micro’s idiotic ideas about how to run a community are running this place straight into the ground full stop.

Appeasing trolls is a guaranteed losing strategy on the internet. We don’t owe people who are harvesting other posters pain for giggles anything.

We have something special on this site, but that’s despite the way we run the site not because of it. This place is massively less than the sum of it’s parts because almost half the forum seems to be actively in favor of burning it down.

5 Likes

You’ve already made your views clear on how you want to permaban people.

I don’t know who it was who was flagging all the posts that led to the mod behaviour we saw itt, but threatening to ban people for using a word (in a non-abusive way) that was accepted by the community in a poll is pretty bad, don’t you think?

And any behaviour the mods don’t approve of was limited to this thread anyway, was it not? (Apart from one poster calling another the c-word in another thread which inconsistently didn’t result in a ban for abuse).

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s always helpful to toss multiple personal attacks into a post about how some guy and his friends are ruining the forum with their personal attacks. But congrats about being right, about something…

6 Likes

Wait you’re here to defend checks notes jalfrezi from checks notes again personal attacks?

You sound like an idiot. As always I would rather be accurate than well liked or pleasant in any way.

Anarchy doesn’t work, even for a community as small as this… That makes it idiotic. Jalfrezi and co run off posters and have a new target selected by the next day. That makes them both trolls and assholes.

Fuck you for complaining about me calling balls and strikes. Posts like this enabling terrible behavior are a huge part of the problem here.

1 Like

seems pretty much one sided, but I would really like to see as many votes as the original poll got