The C-Word

The original post is now rightfully hidden, but your response to the offender making fun of the poster who said “wow” in response to it stands for itself.

I responded to d2. Please stop with these false accusations now.

This is mostly “Oh fuck here’s an American.” “No, actually I’m from Canada!”

Oh, cool, we can re-litigate the “ghetto blaster” thing too.

Also, @j8i3h289dn3x7, I’m jal’s “buddy” about as much as I am yours,

1 Like

A lot of those posts referenced me. I think you’re being unreasonable.

https://twitter.com/VICEUK/status/1341722738671546370

Really? See post above.

Should be any time now right?

3 Likes

This thread is veering towards trainwreck and I think it can be locked up. Also glad that ‘foreigners’ are so happy to tell us that right wing trash should be able to call people ‘f*gs’ because otherwise it might infringe on their rights to talk about cigarettes. Maybe try adulting and get over it? You don’t own the language, everyone has to read these words so don’t be selfish.

Also d2 the look is not good in this thread and hope you will self-reflect a little about how what you say is perceived and whether it can realize the desired purpose before hitting the send button. It is a valuable life skill that some people will never learn.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that bumping a thread that has been dormant for 23 days to say you think it should be locked will have quite the effect you were hoping for.

5 Likes

My bad. Hope you learned something then at least.

It was heading for obscurity until you decided to stick your oar and your strawmen in like a ■■■■■ :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

I mean its pretty clear you didn’t use the word with derogatory intent here but often it is no so clear cut, so my example was far from a strawman.

Finally someone screenshotting with a good color scheme.

2 Likes

Anyways sorry for the zombie bump but my vote is just to censor the word as that is by far the easiest solution for moderators and will reduce toxicity in my opinion. This thread was super painful to read and actually read all of it but the dates of the posts obviously.

I was talking about f*g which hasn’t been used for a couple of decades in the UK.

Believe it or not, I’m not in the UK so I wouldn’t know.

So don’t make unsupported claims about its use?

2 Likes

Whether or not the usage today is the same doesn’t make the analog irrelevant.

It isn’t used today, so your post is irrelevant.