The 2024 Hurricane Season - Helene’s History; Milton’s Menacing

it will just be rain

That’s what Noah’s neighbors said.

3 Likes

If it’s fast moving, it may not lose much wind strength as it goes across the state. And power outages are possible for a few days. Not looking forward to that. We’ll see how it goes. Some shutters down here are easy-peasy, but I’ve got the old ones which are a royal pain in the ass. Was hoping to make it through the year without putting them up. Meh.

1 Like

Julius Randle’s wife likes moving from nyc to Minnesota. Maybe there is something to it.

Its Ostriches shoving their head into the sand.

Seeing the newest models saying this might be a Cat 4 direct Tampa hit. Tampa already flooded this last hurricane. My niece lives there and said it wasn’t good for Helene. So probably not much ability to take on new water. This could be really bad. Hopefully it’s track changes.

wtf. i thought this was hitting as a tropical storm. when did that change?

That forecaster was taking it way too lightly. Gulf waters are hot. These things blow up in a minute nowadays.

2 Likes

Hoping those models are correct… If it were to sit in the gulf for an extra day gaining strength and shift north, it would not be good.

I thought it kinda needed to shift north. Right now it’s aiming straight at Tampa, isn’t it?

Cat 2 to Cat 4 is what I’m seeing. Depending on the model.

1 Like

Ya, I didn’t consider that. I was meaning a hard north path that takes it up the Panhandle and, potentially, back through the Carolinas. I don’t really think there is a good place for it to make landfall.

I’ve always seen it projected as a major hurricane, it is a tropical storm now but has to move across basically the entire hot ass gulf to get to Florida.

“One of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water.” - DJT

7 Likes

Last track I saw his it cutting all the way across the peninsula starting in the Tampa area. I think 3 is the guess when it gets there.

Praying for Mons Venus

2 Likes

That has to be a strip club

Indeed, it is.

going the exact same path as Helene seems like the best outcome to minimize damage.

I wasn’t quite as sure as you and had to google it.

Looks like they’re finally gonna get yer boy unless someone gives Milton back his stapler

1 Like