The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Yeah Delaware co just went from 83 percent to 85 percent counted on NYTIMES. 80/20 there is fine though, IMO, and still more should be outstanding.

1 Like

Somebody cool should start a new thread.

I’m going ot keep posting until someone who’s not Zaparapoksha tells me to stop.

8 Likes

Then what the hell are they good for? This is like burying a landmine in your yard and telling everybody „Relax. nobody has ever stepped on it.“

5 Likes

What these analyses fail to account for, IMO, is that Biden appears to be underperforming Clinton in Philadelphia County, vs 2016 margin. Even if Biden won every outstanding mail in ballot, he’d be just shy of Clinton’s margin. Plus, turnout appears to be down in Philadelphia based on current numbers.

Keep posting but also allow me to freak out on every result that isn’t Biden 80%

1 Like

In the updates we’ve been tracking today, PA has counted about 80k votes. Verrrrry slow

You do you, IMO.

1 Like

When was the last time AP missed a call?

Never in the history of presidential elections.

1 Like

The only thing keeping Joe Biden’s chances alive right now is how quickly I’m able to scan through the counties in PA for new votes.

7 Likes

I mean, I don’t know, I can’t handle it, maybe I’ll step away. They are data points, but they clarify next to nothing about the general trend of being on pace to win close or on pace not to. They represent 2% of the margin needed just to tie and they come out every 10-30 minutes or whatever.

It may be me tho, I’ll try taking a break.

2 Likes

So trump would have to win those ballots more than 2-1? No chance. The margin is like 70k, right?

Big fan of your posting as long as i can keep cussing at you when the posts are bad for us

Yeah, I’m good then

I wasn’t even counting on 80/20 there, could go as low as 70/30 and be fine I think. Parts of it will run 80/20, parts will run like 40/60. Overall we’ll hit 70/30 at worst and 75/25 seems reasonable.

Remember that crazy year when you we had a deadly world pandemic and AP missed their first election call ever?

New thread time

Not sure I follow