Thanks Awval

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

18 Likes

Thanks Awval. If Trump gets his payroll tax cut through you can buy a second six pack of beer.

3 Likes

Today the Transition ends and the Presidency begins.

\ 16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 707x471.

To be fair, we are lucky to live in a time and a country where the hand over of power is done with an election, followed by a handshake and an inauguration ceremony.

There will be protests. And not just today. But for the next four years.

\ 16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 833x502.

But Presidents, even orange ones, deserve a Presidency thread with a YUUGGE OP. And I doubt others in this forum were up to this task.

At 12 Noon EST, the Chief Justice of the United States will swear in Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States.

“I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God .”

This is real life. This is happening.

By nearly all metrics. The country is on the right track. The stock market, an all time high. Unemployment, at historical lows. More people covered with health insurance than ever before. Yet, the American people chose to “shake things up”. Because. America. And chose this man to sit in Resolute desk.

\ 16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

With all change comes apprehension. Some hopeful. Some fearful. I for one will earnestly hope and pray for the continued success of our country. And that truly we keep America Great (again).

But if not. It’s been a great ride.

\ 16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x559.

Spoiler :

\ 16x16

While we’re still here on Earth and before the Russians hack 2+2 again, let’s use this thread to CHEER. To CRY. To ANNOY. To LAUGH. To call each other RACIST. For you guys to have progressive dick measuring contests. To discuss our impending doom.

The transition is over…

TRUMP IS PRESIDENT.

10 Likes

Add Murdoch and sons to the list WaPo editorial that with one phone call they could stop all the Fox fake news.

I’ve talked to 3 random people this week that seemed surprised when I flat out told them that “things” they heard were lies. I then check Fox News and voila, there is the source.

1 Like

Let’s not forget the people who gave us Hillary 2016, without whom we wouldn’t have Trump.

I’m with her! (in a mass grave)

We should send that post into outer space on another voyager

1 Like

How times change.

2 Likes

Because the scary old lady in the pants who got more votes was the real problem

2 Likes

Oh boy! Is it time to rererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererererelitigate 2016!

Yes, yes she was. Crooked Hillary accepted ~$100mm in personal bribes and $100s of millions in soft bribes to her charity from nice folks like the Saudis before running for office and everybody knew it. It’s problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/12/markets-stocks-today-coronavirus/

The Dow Jones Industrial Average posted its largest one-day point loss in history, dropping almost 2,353 points to close at 21,200.47. In percentage terms, the 10 percent loss marked the Dow’s worst day since 1987. Both the Dow and the broader S&P 500 index fell for the 13th time in the last 15 sessions.

Wall Street’s stunning meltdown over the past month has erased almost all of the stock market gains since Trump’s November 2016 election. On Feb. 12, the Dow was up more than 61 percent since his surprise win. Now the total gain is around 11 percent.

2 Likes

We took our country back tho.

10 Likes

Take some solace from the fact that Awval is a pharmacist and he is therefore definitely definitely getting this.

16 Likes

Tbh I understood “we took our country back” as a statement of intent to do racisms, not overrun the nation with disease

5 Likes

I will absolutely never understand this insane personality cult of Trump, or what it is about such an obvious fraud that makes people like awval fawn over him like that.

1 Like

It’s the racism. “We took our country back” says it all.

10 Likes

He was polling at like 2% in the primary field iirc until he called Mexican’s rapists, and then he shot up overnight to ~15% and kept growing from there.

3 Likes

“Taking our country back” was a refrain here from the Leave camp during Brexit - and I’ve been assured that had nothing to do with racism.

1 Like

In Ohio where the quantum virus can apparently appear out of thin air?

It’s Schroedinger’s Virus. You’re both infected and not infected until you test for it. Then you’re infected.

22 Likes