Tenet (beware spoilers)

I don’t care about the piracy. I care about the spoilers. I’m a Nolan fanboi and want to see this (eventually) unsullied.

What I meant is I didn’t pirate it, so I have no idea if it’s good or bad, I just made a stupid meme with a dig at Inception. So you have one less person to worry about who thinks Tenet is crap. In other words, you’re welcome!

I didn’t say thank you.

But thank you!

1 Like

I don’t think there have been any spoilers. Having now seen the whole thing I’m not even sure what I could spoil since I honestly don’t know or care what it was all about.

I’m mostly just astounded at how awful it was. I’ve seen almost every Nolan film and I’m generally a fan. I looked at the critic reviews and they led me to think it might be flawed but would be at least enjoyable as a popcorn movie. I looked at the audience reviews and they suggested that snooty critics were underrating what was actually a pretty good popcorn movie.

And now that I’ve seen it, just… no. It was irredeemably terrible.

3 Likes

This is what I was hoping, guess not. Though given I also just learnt Michael Caine is in it I will be watching nonetheless.

Michael Caine!

They fucking made a fellow UP’er (or any human for that matter) not care about Michael Caine?

This I cannot forgive.

Giving up on Tenet until a rip comes out with subtitles. Incoherent.

I enjoyed Tenet, but I took it as more of a case study exploring a hypothetical form of time travel where you have to do some supplementary reading and or multiple watches rather than your traditional movie experience. I also liked Primer though - so that probably puts me in the minority. I’m glad there are Nolan’s and Tarantino’s out there taking chances even if they fail sometimes.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t get the hate. This is like peak puzzle box Nolan. Solid movie if you’re into that sort of thing.

4 Likes

Its basically just inception 2.0 but only like 90% as good. (Which is still really good!)

2 Likes

You had me at written by, directed by, and produced by Christopher Nolan

liked it more than dunkirk but thats about it.

feels like i would need to watch 2 times or read a summary to understand everything better though

1 Like

that was my first reaction too. i felt like this would have worked better as a 4 hour movie or miniseries.

1 Like

Just dropped $20 on this gremlin. Don’t let me down again Nolan.

2 Likes

That opening scene is a banger. Amazing choreography and editing. They have to get across so many pieces of information without anyone explaining anything, just with the visuals and the briefest dialogue.

I’m not gonna live blog the whole thing. Just already impressed.

That was great.

I assume reading the thread will invert my opinion.

1 Like

I would tell someone TeneT is Primer but a lot more expensive and not quite as incoherently coherent.

But I mean time paradox is a genre at this point. This was a great movie in that genre.

1 Like

The hater in me wants to say it’s Primer but more expensive and not nearly as smart.

I’ve been looking forward to more Tenet reviews for weeks, and Risky is the only person to deliver so far. What the heck? Y’all waiting for the weekend or something?

2 Likes