Tech Support - Data Recovery

Ran into a really, really frustrating tech issue and figured UP probably has some tech savvy members who might be able to help answer my questions.

The microSD card in my phone stopped working completely out of the blue two days ago. Not being read at all by any device. There is no physical damage to the card. Any insight on if the data is recoverable without spending an obscene amount of money?

Card is a Samsung EVO 32gb microSD. Tried it in two other phones and in my laptop with an adapter. No device is even seeing the card. Unfortunately I had a lot of data that wasn’t backed up. Mostly photos and videos so it’s all sentimental stuff, but I don’t think I kept any super critical data on there. Would really love to be able to get the photos transferred if at all possible though.

Thanks for any help!

Do you know how to mount the drive from command line? I guess the first thing I’d try is that because I’ve had thumb drives go “unreadable” before, but mounting them from terminal worked. Not sure about microSD cards but assume it wouldn’t be different.

No. Do you mean on my computer using the Command Prompt? Was just about to dive into that.

Yeah, I use Linux though and probably won’t be of much help if you’re on Windows/Mac. If you can get it to mount or see anything at all, then maybe you could dump the contents of it somewhere and scan it with PhotoRec. That’s what I try first when something like this happens.

1 Like

Ok thank you. I’m using Windows. Will take a look at PhotoRec.

1 Like