Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

I don’t understand this market at all. The same guy that owns 50+ LaMelo’s, has bought over 100 Gordon Haywards in the last day. So far has only drove the price from $14 to $16, but he’s shown no signs of stopping. I can at least understand buying tons of LaMelo’s since it’s his rookie card, but what does cornering the market on Hayward do.

I’ve heard about this on several other cards too. Basically is one guy spending crazy sums of money to pump up prices market wide?

Sounds like someone used to love cornering the cloth market on his World of Warcraft server.

2 Likes

I could see doing something like trying to corner the market on a card that is part a Challenge or a hot card like the rookies, but do people really want (much less need) a 12,000 count Gordan Hayward common?

Most of the people into this are dumb and irrational. Just like poker, bitcoin and every other thing 20 something men are spending their $ on.

It’s happening on so many cards though. This has to be some sort of coordinated effort. I bought LE/7500 versions of Zion, Ja Morant, and Tyler Herro this afternoon and their prices are all up a few dollars since. It’s more impressive than it sounds because of how many were available for sale in between the price I bought at and the current price. People are either upping prices across the board or there is large scale buying occurring. Probably a little of both.

Possibly someone/people have set bots to buy x card when it goes below x price then the market drops and the bot buys a bunch?

These buys are pushing market up though. Basically started last night buying every $14 Hayward, then every $15, now buying at $16. And like the examples Meb gave, there were lots at each level.

Interesting - I could see there being some coordinated effort to pump the market. Just not sure what the end game is.

if i don’t get a cool cat i will riot

1 Like

I guess Hero will be the best cool cat to snag?

is cool cat +EV?

Ahh who am i kidding im prob buying regardless

Have they announced price for CC packs? Still $14?

Yes, $14.

i mean if 20x is worth your time i know youre busy

1 Like

Definitely EV+ at $14, but not as crazy as last CC drop.

I’m guessing CC’s don’t go for nearly as much as before as they’ve doubled the count, but wouldn’t be surprised if you could flip each for $50+ initially.

I’ve been screwed over by topshot 2 days in a row now. So of course I’m going to try to buy again tomorrow.

Have they announced the reward for this drop of cool cats? Last cool cats was only 25k packs, 5k per cat I believe where this is double that so they are probably going to be ~150 not 300 imo.

Anthony Davis is the reward for all 5 in this pack.

1 Like

If I actually get a pack tomorrow, I’m planning to hold cool cat. Early flippers didn’t make as much as those who held on previous release.