Summer LC thread

Unfortunately 100 of them are kelhus or whatever his name is.

Wasn’t sure where to post this so it goes here.

There is an older dude that has been marching in solidarity with immigrants for the past year plus. He posts daily on twitter. Has been featured on the local news and I believe some nation papers. He just decided one day that he had enough and started walking with his sign. Very self-aware in that he states how privileged and great a life he has had. Definitely an inspirational follow for those interested.

https://twitter.com/ad81109/status/1156039750391881728?s=21

1 Like

Twitter is absolutely the nut low. I reported this guy for calling New Guineans sub-human. Check his timeline it’s nothing but stuff like that - going back months.

3 weeks later they finally get back to me. Sounds like he got a sternly-worded warning. Unless they’ve changed their policy, they tell you when they ban an account.

Quitting twitter (99%) has been the best thing I’ve done in a while.

Would you flip for your entire net worth vs. 2x your net worth? If not is there any multiple you’d risk going broke for? You have 1 minute to decide. No chance to hedge.

I’m not even sure I’d be happier as a billionaire. But I know I’d be miserable if I lost my modest nest egg. So I don’t think I have a multiple.

I did not know that, wow. Is there any more background on that story? I guess that’s how Haralabos made it big in gambling?

I would not do it, but there definitely should be a multiple where I do it. It’s interesting for me in my line of work, since my net worth is directly tied to my ability to earn - however, I should also be able to easily find a stake to keep playing 5/T or even higher given my track record. So in theory I’d be risking like half my earning power to multiply my net worth by whatever amount.

But I think I’d be so emotionally devastated to lose my net worth that it’d be a crippling blow to my career. I also hate being staked and have basically never done it, with the exception of selling pieces in the Main Event a couple times. Never done it for cash.

I also feel like I’m pretty close to moving up in stakes and having some breakthrough earnings years, so the upside of the gamble seems less significant to me than it probably should.

Wanted to thank all the people who worked on the site, never used this platform before but I’m really liking it. I do like 100% of my reading on my phone and the mobile version looks great

2 Likes

Sucks that SA ain’t around. I miss his avatars.

SA is Beetlejuice or some such I think and his current avatar I believe is Kamala Harris.

I was a bit worried about the mobile experience, but holy hell, it’s actually great :smile:

Except I accidentally replied ti a post instead of the thread. Whoops.

Now show the one where the guy misses.

1 Like

North Korea fired multiple unidentified projectiles early on Wednesday local time, the Yonhap news agency reported, citing South Korean military’s joint chiefs of staff (JCS).

The projectiles were launched from the Hodo peninsula in South Hamgyong Province on North Korea’s east coast, the JCS said, according to Yonhap.

The JCS said it is monitoring the situation in case of additional launches and maintaining a readiness posture, Yonhap reported.

The White House, the Pentagon and the US state department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Last week, North Korea test-fired two new short-range ballistic missiles, its first missile test since leader Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump met last month and agreed to revive denuclearization talks.

More details soon …

Just after 6am, Victor Funez fills a three-gallon plastic pitcher with water from a tap in the cemetery, balances it on his head and trudges home, where his wife waits to soak maize kernels so she can make tortillas for breakfast.

Funez, 38, stops briefly to help his daughter with some homework before heading back to the cemetery with the pink urn. This load fills large plastic milk and juice bottles used for drinking throughout the day.

The tap is the family’s only source of water, so Funez makes the journey along the dusty dirt road 15 to 20 times each day.

“My husband’s job is to fetch the water so I can do the housework. It’s like this every day, all day,” said Bianca Lopez, 46. “We can live without electricity – we have candles and lamps – but water, that’s essential.”

Still round son

Would you flip for your entire net worth vs. 2x your net worth? If not is there any multiple you’d risk going broke for? You have 1 minute to decide. No chance to hedge.

Nah, I’m a log utility kind of guy so I’m a fan of the Kelly Criterion. IMO it’s a big shame that it’s not taught in undergrad finance courses. Anyone who can’t profit when repeatedly wagering on a 60/40 coinflip shouldn’t be allowed to manage people’s money or give financial advice. Not that bet-sizing was their only mistake; some of them were choosing to bet on the 40% side! So KC isn’t the only thing lacking in their curriculum.

Btw, this is dumb but how do I directly quote a post?

Agreed, whoever designed this software solved the problem I was complaining about where the window sizing on iPhone was shit even with ads blocked. This is way better. I’d still like to see us come up with an app but I have no way of facilitating it beyond throwing money at the problem.

Hit reply and then click the speech bubble.

1 Like

Man, it’s almost like we were all used to posting on a website that hadn’t been updated in 15 years.

3 Likes