Summer LC thread

We just had our 200th account registration :tada:

5 Likes

Let me know if you want or need help with posting content on the Twitter account.

@unstuckpolitics is available on Twitter.

I signed up for @unstuckpolitics to prevent some vindictive moron from our former home to cybersquat it. I can transfer the account to someone else by changing the password and email address.

3 Likes

^^ I like that people are being proactive. The people who’ve dedicated themselves to disrupting this community have been creative in the past when it comes to finding ways to dick with us.

Good call squatting on it otatop and LC. I think giving control to multiple people might be better than just one, if we’re really trying to maximize engagement. I’ll make a thread in About Unstuck to discuss.

Give me a big enough wall and some kids can play with levers.

https://twitter.com/martinezmau/status/1156045826810159104?s=19

1 Like

Unfortunately 100 of them are kelhus or whatever his name is.

Wasn’t sure where to post this so it goes here.

There is an older dude that has been marching in solidarity with immigrants for the past year plus. He posts daily on twitter. Has been featured on the local news and I believe some nation papers. He just decided one day that he had enough and started walking with his sign. Very self-aware in that he states how privileged and great a life he has had. Definitely an inspirational follow for those interested.

https://twitter.com/ad81109/status/1156039750391881728?s=21

1 Like

Twitter is absolutely the nut low. I reported this guy for calling New Guineans sub-human. Check his timeline it’s nothing but stuff like that - going back months.

3 weeks later they finally get back to me. Sounds like he got a sternly-worded warning. Unless they’ve changed their policy, they tell you when they ban an account.

Quitting twitter (99%) has been the best thing I’ve done in a while.

Would you flip for your entire net worth vs. 2x your net worth? If not is there any multiple you’d risk going broke for? You have 1 minute to decide. No chance to hedge.

I’m not even sure I’d be happier as a billionaire. But I know I’d be miserable if I lost my modest nest egg. So I don’t think I have a multiple.

I did not know that, wow. Is there any more background on that story? I guess that’s how Haralabos made it big in gambling?

I would not do it, but there definitely should be a multiple where I do it. It’s interesting for me in my line of work, since my net worth is directly tied to my ability to earn - however, I should also be able to easily find a stake to keep playing 5/T or even higher given my track record. So in theory I’d be risking like half my earning power to multiply my net worth by whatever amount.

But I think I’d be so emotionally devastated to lose my net worth that it’d be a crippling blow to my career. I also hate being staked and have basically never done it, with the exception of selling pieces in the Main Event a couple times. Never done it for cash.

I also feel like I’m pretty close to moving up in stakes and having some breakthrough earnings years, so the upside of the gamble seems less significant to me than it probably should.

Wanted to thank all the people who worked on the site, never used this platform before but I’m really liking it. I do like 100% of my reading on my phone and the mobile version looks great

2 Likes

Sucks that SA ain’t around. I miss his avatars.

SA is Beetlejuice or some such I think and his current avatar I believe is Kamala Harris.

I was a bit worried about the mobile experience, but holy hell, it’s actually great :smile:

Except I accidentally replied ti a post instead of the thread. Whoops.

Now show the one where the guy misses.

1 Like