Studs & Spuds---LC fitness thread

Whoever bet against Keed got the wrong fitness advices. Let’s give Unstuck some better fitness advices.

8 Likes

lmao smoking weed at a birthday party and saying flexing his muscles feels like cumming are the greatest hits, but admitting that he sabotages other bodybuilders who look up to him like a father by giving them “the wrong advices” is my favorite part of that movie, ty

4 Likes

I feel like I might be the spud in this thread. Need to change it up and become the stud!

• ell see thread
  • low content thread
  • bastard

0 voters

1 Like

I suppose the em dash shouldn’t have spaces around it either Herr GrammarFurher

1 Like

If we had that guillotine thread you could have added them!

2 Likes

Front squats already have an uncomfortable metal object pressing on your neck

2 Likes

Last night I was all about the Suds.

Soon.

2 Likes

Went to a wedding on the 14th then the in-laws came to visit. This means I had to convert the second bedroom from my home gym into a second bedroom.

So far I haven’t worked out since.

Will be back on it from Monday. Hopefully.

2 Likes

For those who aren’t doing it or haven’t done it for years, a basic fitness program is the most overdetermined decision you can make in terms of general well being. Whatever you are spending your time on is a worse use of time than a basic fitness program in terms of health and happiness, and you will gain more time each day in productivity than the time it takes to workout.

I know it’s not always easy–I basically took a “break” for 15 years, so I know every excuse–but I am glad the break is over. 26 workouts over two months has gotten me to a basic “acceptable” level of fitness.

6 Likes

Everyone figures out what works for them. But for me

1. Work out every day before work.
  2. Keep it short and hard
  3. do a long warm up and do a lot of mobility stuff
  4. Avoid injury. Stop if it hurts.

These principles have kept me on track for a couple of years.

3 Likes

That is super annoying but I guess that over time I’ve tried to always have a back up plan. If I want to squat but I can’t, trap bar deadlifts or even sumo deadlifts are a good substitute.

1 Like

I need to do something, right now I don’t do anything. What does a basic fitness program entail?

What have you enjoyed in the past? Is there any type of sport or activity you are a little interested in?

What’s your general fitness level today?

I don’t get any exercise these days, I’ve always been thin but I have a pretty solid belly now. Work an office job.

I was a runner in highschool, I enjoy biking and purchased a bike a year ago? But haven’t gotten into it

1 Like

What sort of bike?

How does your daily routine look like? Kids? Family?

Could you put 45 minutes aside in the morning before work?

Can you ride the bike TO work?

its a Trek roadbike, dont have any interest in mountainbiking. I can ride it with the kids occasionally and I figured it would be good if i wanted to turn it into a hobby.

I’m married with 3 kids. I have a really hard time getting up in the morning and never really been able to run or whatever in the morning, even when i was doing cross country running in highschool the only way i was getting up to run if it was like a team function that required me to be there.

I would love to bike to work but its not an option.

nice. no pain gain. and that’s not bad advices.

Change is comin’, now is my time!

2 Likes

Are you familiar with the whole fixed vs growth mindset concept?

This is a bit fixed mindset. You currently cant get up in the morning, you currently cant exersise on your own. However that doesn’t mean that you can’t change this. In fact, all of these behaviours are changeable and learnable.

Not saying this is easy. Just saying it is both possible, and likely necessary if you want to improve your fitness.

Over many years of stop start fitness attempts, I’ve learned that it’s much more about hacking your lifestyle and habits to sustain the activity than it is about what you do or how motivated you are. If you are dependent on motivation to work out every day, you will eventually fall off the wagon.

Not intending to lecture, so apologies if it comes across that way.

2 Likes

You really are on a Tool bender!

1 Like