Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

I’d like to set up a charity to pay off my mortgage, then donate to that. Should work right?

CNN discovers that when the stonks go down, 401(k) balances go down.

4 Likes

Report says!

Big STONKS today. I enjoy it.

i figured this would be a good year for stocks when all the articles that came out on Jan 1 were about preparing for the upcoming 2023 recession.

2 Likes

me with nvda

https://img.memegenerator.net/images/11031233.jpg

1 Like

Had a discussion with friends drunk at a bar just before the New Year where I was screaming buy, and they who invest, but don’t know anything about it were telling me GICs were the correct play.

i think people are so jaded by 2008 that think every single -20% correction is only the beginning of the end and want to wait until the “real crash” before they buy and forget that for every 2008 there are at least a couple dozen 20-30% corrections and then we return right back into a bull market.

the same people that were bearish after we already had a 20-25% correction are going to turn back into bulls once SPY reaches 500.

The problem was so many financial “experts” were predicting gloom. I was trying to tell them when they say gloom it’s probably a good time to buy, and when they finally say buy it’s too late

IIRC There were ppl ITT saying the S&P needed to drop another 50% in order to be investible back when it was at ~3900

1 Like

There were also people on this board (can’t remember which thread) 3 weeks ago predicting that the US would go into a technical debt default and that the market wasn’t factoring in that downside risk

Line go up.

I’m more like Hadley bitching about his inheritance before he’s fixing to throw Dufresne off a roof.

I’m presuming that this alone, destroys buy and hold. No way to back test tho and 2008 probably still dropped after some doom and gloom but in general I’m guessing this is right.

some people make the mistake I had previously; fundamentals do not mean anything

In general I’m guessing buy & hold beats timing the market

with what people individually think sure

I’m talking about what groupthink thinks

So you’re pretty sure you can beat the market by jumping in and out based on your assessment of overall sentiment?

1 Like
2 Likes

I will never forgive myself for not being on the Nvidia wagon :face_vomiting: