Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

It’s 100% real.

Archive link:
https://archive.ph/yc3FV

3 Likes

And it was written by Chainsaw’s cousin apparently.

WSJ turning up that racism dial, the crowd is loving it!

1 Like

That’s quite the assumption that this is 4 people. Could easily be one Black LGBTQ vet and one cis het white vet.

3 Likes

Lol, and my dad is still gonna tell me about how WSJ is actually the centrist, balanced newspaper

Dont forget a slighty below average number of women!

wow just straight up racism and sexism

1 Like

No bank ever failed until women got involved, that’s for sure. I assume.

2 Likes

This is why you shouldn’t hire veterans.

of the 12 or so most senior people at my bank I think 3 are white men. They seem to be doing okay.

Better gtfo before it goes under, go woke go broke!

3 Likes

Seems like there could be money in starting a hedge fund that only invests in companies with 100% white male executives. Just charge a nice hefty 2% management fee.

Never had bank runs until this wokeness showed up.

2 Likes

Levine so good

One crude way that the actual US banking system deals with this problem is by letting banks account for their held-to-maturity bonds at cost on their balance sheet, but then making them explain, somewhere in the footnotes to the financial statements, their current market value.[[7]](file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/C23C1937-F90B-4BC3-B4AD-D56461448795/Gmail.app/#m_-8275646911989458263_footnote-7) This feels like in some ways a fair compromise. On the other hand someone might read the footnotes! I mean, not most people. But someone might, and they might explain the footnotes in a readable way — they might say something like “on a mark-to-market basis, they were broke last quarter”[[8]](file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/C23C1937-F90B-4BC3-B4AD-D56461448795/Gmail.app/#m_-8275646911989458263_footnote-8) — and people might read that and think “huh that’s bad” and withdraw their deposits. Causing the bonds to be sold, causing insolvency.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/it_is_fareed/status/1635255953032617986?s=46&t=RKQIqRrKzVps835SSEmebA

7 Likes

Lots of VC money in Kansas farms

And, of course, the marking to market accounting is supposed to give these dipshits a clue that they have asset/liability mismatch that might kill them if they have to sell.

They did have hundreds of members on a zoom call last night. What more could they do? They were only given 15 minutes notice. They could have been with their family, or even worse their mistresses.

6 Likes

That’s how capitalism works, Jack.

8 Likes