Sports LC Thread

I would rather watch Bodyshaping or any other dumb fitness show, than whatever dumb shit they’re going to fill the air with on ESPN now, or have for the past 20 years.

Gotta imagine that Tony vs Khabib will be postponed for the fifth time because of this.

After earlier today saying this w/e games will go ahead the Premier League is meeting again tomorrow morning to have another think - can’t see any other choice but to postpone now.

At the pub for bar trivia. It’s so weird not seeing any sports at all on the many teevees. They even have cnn on one

It’s going to be the 2003 WSOP on an endless loop again. Maybe Moneymaker won’t re-suck out on Ivey this time.

League channels should run classic games .
I’d love to watch the 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs again.

1 Like

Absolutely. There’s a whole history of games people have never seen. Lots of old superbowls too.

Also did bar trivia tonight. They had NESN (New England Sports Network) on the TV, but no one cared about whatever recap/talk show was on.

About 50% of the normal attendance. I’m guessing it won’t happen next week.

Over half the teams had coronavirus references. My favorite was “COVID: Kids Next Door”.

Maybe it will create another poker boom.

They should go live to overwhelmed King County ICUs where old man, 87, but generally healthy fights to the death for a bed against woman, 64, chronic heart disease. Less slow than cricket and a lot at stake.

1 Like

Yeah ours got cancelled. They said it was because of Bike Week but I dunno

Masters postponed, all other tournaments before the Masters cancelled.

It’s going to be a weird spring.

This was shaping up to be the GOAT Spring/Summer for sports now it will be the worst. :frowning:

Was a bit surprised by this. IANAMoAN, but because I read a lot I know 1000% for sure that this club can afford to run the tournament without spectators and has the clout to have literally everyone involved in the production tested before, during and after every day of the tournament if they were interested in minimizing risk. What a joke of an elitist enclave.

I’ve been really enjoying watching old conference tournament games and seeing NBA stars before it was clear they’d be big, plus all of those college “that guy” players that you had completely forgotten about until you see their stupid face again. Sports networks should air these things year round.

Also, since I have lots of thoughts today:

So if the NFL expands to 17 games, I propose that each player can only play a max of 16. It effectively gives every player an additional bye week for injury recovery, it keeps single season records in line with historical ones, and it would be so fun watching every team’s backup QB beat the bengals.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see NBA players pledging money to pay for arena employees wages.

It’s fucked up as a society that is what it takes.

Also guys worth millions are paying while the billionaire owners don’t. Seems backwards to me.

1 Like

Some of the scumbag owners are even slimy enough to take credit for the generosity of their players, while simultaneously saying how they would love to help but, you know it’s complicated.

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1238599262255992832?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1238599262255992832&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231238599262255992832

A lot of these guys remember what it was like to be poor. The owners never were and never will.

5 Likes

I will stan for Mark Cuban who stepped up to help arena workers immediately after the league suspension was announced. I am sure he assumed the other owners would follow suit.

Sweet innocent naive Mark.