Sports LC Thread

peripherally related to sports.

reason #34568 not to have kids…little bastards

https://twitter.com/CincyProblems/status/1187128255276572673?s=20

1 Like

jesus fucking christ

And Joe West is in charge of the umpire union LOL.

at least the very blue district of columbia is poised to beat the red behemoth secessionist shithole of Texas

2 Likes

It’s a good thing I stopped betting on sports, because I’d have unloaded on the Dodgers to make it to the WS for the NL, and when the matchup was HOU vs WSH I would have re-unloaded on the Stros.

1 Like

Nats are crazy hot right now. Won 16 of 18 and haven’t lost in almost 3 weeks.

No one should really be surprised considering they have Scherzer and Strasburg. And I bet they pitch Game 5/6 w/ Max available in Game 7 for an inning or 2 if needed.

Honestly, I think he’s gone. I don’t think MLB allows him to umpire again.

1 Like

Hope nobody makes the effort to break down his performance to see if there was any bias in his calls between white players and players of color. Am sure there is nothing there tho and he’s totally fair and balanced like the news he prolly consumes.

The pew pew yer out jokes are going to be endless.

1 Like

Agreed. They don’t need the headache.

Ironically, MAGA umpire is probably protected by a strong union.

2 Likes

Poker just doesn’t have enough soul-crushing variance for me. Where can I find more? I know - I’ll bet on baseball!

1 Like

Honestly this China business has completely sapped my enthusiasm for the NBA this season. I haven’t even seen so much as a highlight so far and really have no intention of watching any games at this point.

John Oliver had a pretty savage piece on the issue, if you haven’t seen it check it out.

3 Likes

What sports organization(s) have front offices that aren’t full of complete scumbags?

Obviously FIFA and IOC are the two worst, but all of the others that I can think of are some degree of bad.

Astros fired that dude and apologized to the SI reporter.

1 Like

They also need to fire whomever signed off on the press release accusing her of fabricating the story.

That was probably the owner telling the GM to make the story go away.

mother fucker, I guess maybe half credit here? I thought I had post where I said why, Nats have better starters than the Yankees and a less HR oriented offense which even in the juiced ball year is still probably better for post season play.

1 Like

Let’s go Nats, fuck the Asstros.

1 Like

Trump attending game 5, he can’t possibly think that will go well?

2 Likes

Now I’m torn between actually wanting a Game 5 and wanting a sweep.

1 Like