So you can just have your account nuked and then come back like it never happened here?

I have a very hard time seeing the RFC as anything other than something that was abused and don’t think that desired outcome was achieved at all, whether or not you want to place blame on any particular person or event or team or whoever. Maybe there’s a better way to do the exact same thing. I don’t know, but when warring parties won’t come to any kind of honest agreement about even the most basic ass shit it really isn’t worth litigating.

my irrelevant 2c.

1 Like

My proposal was to modify the RFC process to make it less dragged out.

I would at least like something along the lines of a defined supermajority requirement to make changes to process (e.g. how mods are selected) but maybe just a majority for changes to policy (e.g. guidelines for moderation philosophy).

RFCs allowed forcing a vote over the objections of a committed minority, avoiding the result of talking around in circles and nothing happening.

Having more than one account and using the secondary account primarily to troll and argue.

but at the end of the day really this is quite a small forum that surely doesn’t need this level of governance, we’re all a bunch of varying levels of silly just shitposting before a likely apocalypse

2 Likes

I don’t know about the mechanics of merging a new account with an anonymized one, and I didn’t know that was an option, but I would be satisfied with that, and Keeed says he is too.

What about the other 8 or 12 posters this OP applies to?

1 Like

Hey, did Keed tell you this in private?

To be clear I think this is extremely dumb and do object if it only applies to me. If the community wants to reconstruct Greg’s old account and the others who did the same thing, then ok. But you only seem to care about my account, and no one else in the forum seems to care about this “issue” at all.

3 Likes

Merging accounts seems like a huge pain (probably for goreo) and a bad idea.

Also, should we be doing it for people that created alts and gimmicks? Not going to call people out, but plenty of people have created alts for instance to circumvent moderation - should we merge those with their main so that we have a complete history of their posting? Seems same logic would apply.

4 Likes

Right. Is this a general rule that needs to be enforced, or a keed-targeted bill of attainder? The latter is quite objectionable to me.

1 Like

Merging accounts takes like 15 seconds.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks! You and I are DEFINITELY not reading that post the same way, then. I could understand if you are confusing your thoughts for his, out of good faith without realizing, though.

2 Likes

I’m trying not to give specific examples but there are two main situations:

One, someone gets silenced, and creates an account to argue about their moderation (or continue the fight that got them banned). These accounts are typically nuked pretty quick, but sometimes do post a fair bit in a short time.

Two, some banned posters have created alts and posted under the radar with them. If/when noticed they are again nuked.

These posters then resume posting on their main account when their ban ends.

My point is that the same logic - the need for a complete posting history - would apply to these accounts.

I’m not saying the situation is similar, I’m saying the logic that we need the complete posting history of users connected to their current account would include merging these type of alts as well.

What about people that just create gimmicks/alts when not banned? Should we merge those with the main?

I wish people wouldn’t be so condescending.

Sorry, I’ve missed a lot, but are you a longterm poster under a new name, or a new poster? Just curious.

1 Like

Allow people to do whatever they want but also allow mods to ban people for sucking.

Easiest fix ever? We’re all like 40 fucking years old.

4 Likes