Slow Day

This board seems awfully quiet today. Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!

9 Likes

Day’s over for me. I’m laying on my bed in front of an electric fan.

Sounds nice. Just be careful not to use too many fans. I’ve heard that can be dangerous.

Unless you’re in the PNW, then you’re roasting alive.

Not everyday somebody outside of South Korea believes in fan death.

1 Like

BC got the highest temperature in Canadian history yesterday.

I mean, 110 isn’t a thing that should be allowed on earth let alone up in Seattle.

1 Like

Confirmed roasting alive.

My best friend moved from Phoenix to northern WA to get away from 110 degree heat. He’s pissed!

They also run a lucrative handmade beeswax candle business, so they have bricks of wax and unsold stock sitting in their un-air-conditioned shop so they have to worry about that. Beeswax won’t melt all the way, but it will get soft and bleach a bit, making more work for them later.

Yeah a lot of places up here don’t have AC. I’ve seen a lot of heat injuries the last couple days. I’m glad I’m not at work today.

East coast appreciates the PNW being a furnace and making our heat wave seem not so bad.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s 89 degrees here and I’m not having a good time.

Hottest June since 1933 here, also been super dry everyone’s yards are piss yellow

It’s not so bad as most of you have, but I’m in Miami and LOL anyone who ever compares south Florida weather to southern California. I’m sure the winters are nice or whatever.

otoh, extracting and separating honeycomb is a breeze in this weather. got about 1.25 gallons honey and like 2 lbs of wax. took about 10% of the time from when last batch about 4 weeks ago.

I can imagine.

They don’t have the hives, though. They do too much volume now and have to get it from an actual bee farm/wholesaler. If anyone’s interested, their candles are the stone cold nuts.

I took the recommendation of someone in UP (don’t remember who or which thread) to try pepperoni and pineapple pizza. It was pretty good, although I still like traditional Hawaiian pizza as well.

One of the small bright spots in the pandemic is that I discovered a new pizza place in East Harlem that is cheap and legit good and delivers to me.

2 Likes

Pepperoni, jalapeno and pineapple is decent.

I can’t link tiktok. Boomer!

1 Like

I’ve said this before and gotten ridiculed for it, but one of my favorite Jersey shore foods back when I used to get a summer house was a cheese steak with hot peppers and pineapple.

1 Like

From @DrJenniferMelfi in the memes thread

3 Likes