Should wookie be immediately removed as mod?

If i can add something that drives me crazy - the quoting of one specific sentence or even phrase of your post and replying like it was your entire point and the rest of your post doesn’t exist

I believe the term is “cherrypicking” and it is rampant here and often why i edit my posts 40 times

2 Likes

Totally agree. It’s why I almost never quote the post I’m replying to. People can look back at the full context if they want.

imagine caring at all about forum modding. I’m honestly so confused by a group of like 30-40 year old dudes getting Mad Online and creating all this drama

12 Likes

like honestly wtf are you guys doing lol

5 Likes

6 hours in, going fine! :thinking:

I like you too jmakin.

5 Likes

Thx. I like you too Clovis.

4 Likes

lol great

1 Like

This didn’t change my forum experience at all.

:thinking:

Why is there a cap on how many mods there can be? (I don’t know)

Why can’t as many people be mods as want to be mods?

Why does one mod have to step down before another mod steps up? This seems wholly unnecessary and actually anti beneficial.

Is there real issue a desire for more people to experience midship or is the real issue trying to get specific mods removed through convoluted rules processes?

Before we decide anything else we have to decide. on the criteria for an official vote for something because once we have an official vote for ANYTHING I don’t think it should be allowed to be brought back up for at least six months. This includes slightly different worded polls/options anc those trying to angle shoot a topic that was already voted on.

If after 180 days someone wants to bring up an issue that was voted on they can. But first we need to clearly define what counts as an official vote

Guys, can we not?

2 Likes

Seriously, apparently some vote for request for comments got passed that I never bothered to fully understand. We’re cool now right?

Our mod selection process has always been ad hoc. I think we can improve on that:

What the fuck? 17 day bump for this? Things been going too well lately for you?

4 Likes

Then leave.

I know you won’t because you love the attention but it’d be best for everyone if you did

1 Like

Weird take, I thought people liked my shitposts but uh I can leave if you want

Well, disagree. Grue makes a lot of fine posts and rarely a terrible post like that when he’s talking about the site.

To everyone: talking about your ignore list, telling people you are ignoring them, and telling people that they should put someone on their ignore list are all horrible things to post and so counterproductive that it means that the person is either a moron or just thinks it’s some clever way to do their flame wars. Just put people on your ignore list if you want and don’t be a child about it.

4 Likes

I like grue. Not sure why this thread needed to be bumped.

1 Like

Look, no place can satisfy every single member here. At some point, people either have to accept the flaws that exist in the community as part of being here or move on.

I don’t know why we have to bend over backwards for a small minority who demand that people create a
utopia to suit their tastes. This place is what it is. It’s imperfect and overdramatic and I accept it as a part of being here because the good clearly outweighs the bad.

Grue has an issue with half the people here and complains that even ignoring them hasn’t made his experience enjoyable. I mean at that point what else can you do? Block everyone and reply to yourself?

I have no issue with anyone here. It just gets annoying to hear people complain about this place when it’s honestly one of the best places for political discussion.

1 Like

These are again some strange takes on my very brief posts ITT. All I was trying to say is putting the worst forum drama offenders on ignore didn’t change anything, as those people don’t even appear to make or try to make good content posts (or even jokes) anywhere. The “yes” voters here were 8% in this pole not 50%. Weird stuff.