Should Appointment to Moderator be for Life?

The only conflict I think I’ve had with wookie since we’ve moved here was when he closed a thread that I was posting in and I thought should still be open. It wasn’t a big deal and was resolved with a discussion in the About Moderation thread.

Have you had conflicts with Wookie from before the move?

Like have I had any conflicts with Wookie in the past decade? None that stick out in my mind.

Used to report too many posts. That sounds serious.

Show me on the doll how you reacted when you were sternly scolded for this behavior.

1 Like

If Wookie thinks I reported too many posts, that sounds like a conflict he had with me. Like I said, no conflict sticks out in my mind.

The vast majority of those who have voted no have had no significant conflict (or any at all) with any mod.

Let’s put it another way. Have you ever been infracted or temp-banned at 2+2? (I can say I have.)

Sure. Including by Wookie, I think.

Can you explain what you did to be punished by Wookie in a way that you believe he would agree is an accurate representation of what happened?

Dude, I don’t remember any specific temp ban. It was many years ago.

Do you remember if you thought you deserved it?

Oh actually hold on I do remember one. It was when I was arguing that I was skeptical of the Steele dossier and was asking for like, concrete, verifiable proof that any criminal allegation in the dossier actually happened. Wookie was actively arguing with me, seemed annoyed by my line of argument and banned me for a day or something.

1 Like

Do you actually think you’re going to get an honest answer out of keeed? idk what the point of this exercise is.

1 Like

There are reasons to ask questions other than seeking simple, honest answers. Pointing out those reasons may affect the responses I receive.

I mean if you want to know what beef wookie thinks I harbor, maybe you should just fucking ask him.

I left a hanging chad on mine, not sure if that invalidates the response. There’s really not much reason to NOT have a rotation if there are like 3+ mods. I think its good to take a break for one’s sanity and to let go of whatever grudges biases that someone has periodically. That said, moderators on this forum don’t seem to have that much power so its not like super cereal imo.

All that said, the timing of this is somewhat poor in my opinion and seems like retaliation for whatever polling that has been in relation to the ‘freeze peach’ discussion… but I guess noone can really know the OPs motivation and perhaps its all in good spirit. Looking forward to the 3000 post shitshow that’s sure to follow, where the same 2-4 people respond to every single post by anyone else in the thread.

It was in reaction to Wookie’s thread where he talks about how all the mods are on the verge of stepping down but he was worried that no one would be willing to volunteer to take their place. PocketChads and I volunteered, and said that we thought that finite terms were a good idea anyway. I thought a year, I don’t think PC said how long he envisioned. Wookie said that he assumed that the mods would serve as long as they wanted until they were removed by basically an impeachment vote or they voluntarily quit. I made this poll to settle that question.

So then ask yourself, does the above vote help the problem or hurt it. If you recognize that the people who volunteer their time to make the place tick are sick of people shitting on the lawn, why are you doing something that can be reasonably perceived as the same?

2 Likes

Since the results of this poll will be used to ask the current moderators to step down, I’ve created a poll that actually asks that question, so users are not misled on what they are actually voting for. The poll is here: