Seven Hundred Thirty-Two Billion Dollars

That is how much we spend every year on defense. And WE CAN’T FUCKING SECURE THE LITERAL US POWER CENTER OF GOVERNMENT AND HAVE TO CANCEL LEGISLATIVE SESSIONS BECAUSE OF THREATS FROM Y’ALL QUEDA!!!11!1!!ONE!

5 Likes

We can

We don’t want to

4 Likes

They cancelled session tomorrow?

What happened to not negotiating with terrorists?

Obv not spending enough imo

3 Likes

Truly incredible

$2 billion a day

700 Billion? Pah, that’s chump change.

the Department of Defense made $35 trillion in “accounting adjustments” in 2019, easily surpassing the $30.7 trillion in such adjustments recorded in 2018.

It’s … “larger than the entire U.S. economy and underscores the Defense Department’s continuing difficulty in balancing its books.”

Todd Harrison of the Center for Strategic and International Studies says they represent “a lot of double, triple, and quadruple counting of the same money as it got moved between accounts” within the Pentagon.

the number highlights the persistent lack of internal financial controls at the Pentagon, which makes it extremely difficult to account properly for spending in the largest government budget.

2 Likes

Hey, violently overthrowing left wing governments all over the world ain’t cheap buddy. Plus there’s all the on the books stuff they’re actually supposed to be doing.

1 Like

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for seven hundred thirty-two billion dollars, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/bradheath/status/1367250101891178498

:eyes:

Cancelling session is so bad. You are basically giving these nuts exactly what they want.

This. This was a terribad decision by Pelosi. There is no way, with the warning/threats we have/ that they can’t fucking defend the capital. We don’t cancel sporting events because of terrorist threats, but we cancel legislative sessions!?! Gtfo.

1 Like

My take: the military is the single biggest federal jobs program we have. We build a bunch of planes that don’t fly and tanks that never go anywhere, and give people shitloads of money for doing it.

It’s basically the WPA, you have a bunch of people getting paid to “work” with little to no actual economic benefit other than a redistribution of tax dollars. To me the prudent thing is to freeze the military budget and slowly start shifting the money to other programs we actually need. I’m OK with cutting the military budget, but that would likely lead to massive layoffs and be a pretty big shock to the economy. It’s an out of control behemoth that needs to be reigned in though.

1 Like

Yep. What’s to stop these idiots from phoning in a threat every day going forward?

We have mods for that… :+1:

I’m gonna need a burner phone for when Republicans control Congress again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kennardmatt/status/1366760256408330245

3 Likes