SenorKeed's Fall Weight Loss Challenge

You gotta eat the entire potato before you start the next one. Skin and everything.

195.8 lbs this morning. 1312 calories, 1042 from potatoes. The rest from salmon and vegetables. 58 g protein, 252 carb, 38 fiber, 17 sugar, 7 fat. Was crazily thirsty after dinner last night. I had like 6 La Croix. I don’t think it was extra salt as I’ve been adding quite a lot of salt to my potatoes. Was also very restless at bedtime and didn’t get to sleep until I ate a 200 g potato. If I do this again I think I’ll try to eat it earlier (think I ate about 7:00 PM) and then have a small potato meal at bedtime.

Give it a shot. Be nice to lose a few pounds before the holidays, right?

1 Like

Eat more fruits and vegetables. It will give you energy and is very low calories.

…considering the amount of simple sugars found in fruit, it is reasonable to expect that their consumption should contribute to obesity rather than weight reduction. However, epidemiological research has consistently shown that most types of fruit have anti-obesity effects.

The above is from an abstract of a meta-analysis:

tps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5084020/

My energy level has actually been quite high, probably higher than usual since starting the diet. Which is particularly remarkable as I’ve been running a consistent 1000+ calorie deficit. It was a little lower than normal on Sunday and it was cloudy and cold so I just sat around the house and watched football. Yesterday and so far today I’ve been pretty high energy.

Oops. Someone delete this please.

194.6 lbs. 1330 calories of potatoes yesterday. Well OK fine 1285 calories potatoes and 45 calories of BBQ sauce. First time I put anything caloric on the potatoes, was a nice treat. Feel good and slept well.

There was free pizza at work for lunch yesterday, didn’t touch it. Not easy.

Still cannot believe this thread is real life, gj

1 Like

I probably missed this, but what are you doing with the potatoes? Just boiling them and eating them plain? Just salt? Some hot sauce?

Salt and pepper when he’s in warrior mode, barbeque sauce when not.

1 Like

This shitty beer is only 3.2% but I started to laugh when I got this far.

Hot sauce or even just some salt and pepper with vinegar is good.

I couldn’t do this diet because even though I love potatoes, I really love potatoes with butter and pepper and salt.

1 Like

Wait, isn’t butter a super food, or is that only when you put it into coffee?

1 Like

Usually I peel them, add salt and pepper, and steam them in the microwave. For dinner a lot of times I’ll peel them, cut them into small wedges, add salt and pepper, and bake them in the oven until they’re brown. No hot sauce, for the oven fries I’ll eat them with dijon mustard. For the steamed always plain except a couple times I’ve found an old pack of chickfila BBQ in a drawer I decided I need to get rid of. Tried boiling once but it took a long time and they fell apart in the water. They all have to be basically the same size and then you have to catch them right as they’re done, which is annoying. Steaming in microwave is quicker and the potatoes stay together.

Weighed 194.8 this morning. 1,507 calories yesterday, all but 45 calories were potatoes. The 45 was BBQ sauce.

Parboiling, bro.

Here’s what we’ve started doing: we partially cook our potatoes in boiling water, toss them in a bowl with kosher salt and olive oil until the edges are roughed up, and then spread them out on a baking sheet to roast.

Resulting from all this abuse are the crispiest potatoes you may ever eat short of deep fat frying. The outside skin is thin, airy, and satisfyingly crunchy. The insides are as soft and velvety as [mashed potatoes]

They also don’t take much longer than any other method of roasting potatoes. Parboiling takes about five minutes and then cuts the normal baking time nearly in half.

Yellow and red potatoes also are much more water friendly, they’re more dense so the water doesn’t seep in and make them goo if you don’t time it right (if cooking via full boil, parboil obviously gives you way more room for error on russets).

Apropos of nothing, my M-in-Law’s husband is about 94 and grew up in the country on a farm in the depression. From him I know that young squirrels make good eating and you can fry them right up. Old squirrels are tough and you have to parboil them first.

Tossing in olive oil would be a bad idea though

I know, I noticed that at the time but the oil isn’t imperative.

You can still parboil and put in the oven instead of oven alone. It cuts time and will end up tasting better w/ better texture.